Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
    Maybe they should just avoid fervently eradicating any signs of organic life that emerge on gamedays. The Sally’s Walnut street gameday block party being shut-down is a great example of that policy in action.
    I am not surprised to hear that Sally's block party was killed. Who did this? The City of Minneapolis or the U of M? I'd like to hear more about this.

Didn't Sally's get in trouble not too long ago for underage drinking?

Having 18-20 year olds in college, and having the drinking age be 21, is always going to be an impossible nut to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post

Having 18-20 year olds in college, and having the drinking age be 21, is always going to be an impossible nut to crack.
    Which is why the drinking age should change.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    I am not surprised to hear that Sally's block party was killed. Who did this? The City of Minneapolis or the U of M? I'd like to hear more about this.
    might have to do with the giant monstrosity of an apartment building they built on top of it.
    JUST WIN BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Which is why the drinking age should change.
    Or we change the age of adulthood to be 21, and force kids to go to high school and live with their parents until they're 21.

I'm sure that would fly, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    might have to do with the giant monstrosity of an apartment building they built on top of it.
    Uhhh have you seen the tower that got built next to Moos?

Think it was Sterbs that got in trouble.

Uhhh have you seen the tower that got built next to Moos?
    I think g4l has the buildings mixed up. Big Ten bar was where the new high-rise was built.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I think g4l has the buildings mixed up. Big Ten bar was where the new high-rise was built.
    The building above Sally's is about 6 stories tall. The one where Big Ten used to be is taller - maybe 10 or 12 stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    The building above Sally's is about 6 stories tall. The one where Big Ten used to be is taller - maybe 10 or 12 stories.
    Meant to respond to t-docious but that's what I posted...that the one replacing Big Ten was much taller. It's almost 30 stories.

Right it’s taller than Moos. Would guess easily 20-30 stories. That was why I responded, to the idea that the apt building above the new Sally’s is a giant monstrosity.

Recruit more food trucks...especially breakfast offerings for 11 AM starts...
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    Agree...expand to food truck row or alley right on Oak Street. Not sure how it works now...if the food trucks pay a fee to the U or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    I had a tater tater tot burrito from a truck at a game once.... man I'd get that every time.

Right it’s taller than Moos. Would guess easily 20-30 stories. That was why I responded, to the idea that the apt building above the new Sally’s is a giant monstrosity.
    • 30 stories would make it about half the height of the IDS building.

• Side note...On Google Maps street view you can stand on Washington and look at Sally's, and then "travel" to the west a bit and still see the Big Ten. Weird that in a major US city with a huge campus they're that far behind. But, I'm guessing the Subaru just ran out of gas.

• As far as ticket sales...
    - Lower the ticket prices (because amazingly a lot of people are unaware of websites like StubHub, etc.)
    - Lower the extra charges for season ticket holders
    - Just win.
    (There, I tried to stay on-topic with the thread)
    Last edited by FredCoxRocks; 01-24-2019 at 08:15 AM.