Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 247
  1. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
    Maybe they should just avoid fervently eradicating any signs of organic life that emerge on gamedays. The Sally’s Walnut street gameday block party being shut-down is a great example of that policy in action.
    I am not surprised to hear that Sally's block party was killed. Who did this? The City of Minneapolis or the U of M? I'd like to hear more about this.


  2. #197

    Default

    Didn't Sally's get in trouble not too long ago for underage drinking?

    Having 18-20 year olds in college, and having the drinking age be 21, is always going to be an impossible nut to crack.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Didn't Sally's get in trouble not too long ago for underage drinking?

    Having 18-20 year olds in college, and having the drinking age be 21, is always going to be an impossible nut to crack.
    Which is why the drinking age should change.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingfield, Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    I am not surprised to hear that Sally's block party was killed. Who did this? The City of Minneapolis or the U of M? I'd like to hear more about this.
    might have to do with the giant monstrosity of an apartment building they built on top of it.
    JUST WIN BABY!

  5. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Which is why the drinking age should change.
    Or we change the age of adulthood to be 21, and force kids to go to high school and live with their parents until they're 21.

    I'm sure that would fly, ha!

  6. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    might have to do with the giant monstrosity of an apartment building they built on top of it.
    Uhhh have you seen the tower that got built next to Moos?

  7. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Didn't Sally's get in trouble not too long ago for underage drinking?

    Having 18-20 year olds in college, and having the drinking age be 21, is always going to be an impossible nut to crack.
    Think it was Sterbs that got in trouble.

  8. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Uhhh have you seen the tower that got built next to Moos?
    I think g4l has the buildings mixed up. Big Ten bar was where the new high-rise was built.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I think g4l has the buildings mixed up. Big Ten bar was where the new high-rise was built.
    The building above Sally's is about 6 stories tall. The one where Big Ten used to be is taller - maybe 10 or 12 stories.

  10. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    The building above Sally's is about 6 stories tall. The one where Big Ten used to be is taller - maybe 10 or 12 stories.
    Meant to respond to t-docious but that's what I posted...that the one replacing Big Ten was much taller. It's almost 30 stories.

  11. #206

    Default

    Right it’s taller than Moos. Would guess easily 20-30 stories. That was why I responded, to the idea that the apt building above the new Sally’s is a giant monstrosity.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Robbinsdale, MN
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Recruit more food trucks...especially breakfast offerings for 11 AM starts...
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

    In Fleck We Trust!

  13. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    Recruit more food trucks...especially breakfast offerings for 11 AM starts...
    Agree...expand to food truck row or alley right on Oak Street. Not sure how it works now...if the food trucks pay a fee to the U or not.

  14. #209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    Recruit more food trucks...especially breakfast offerings for 11 AM starts...
    I had a tater tater tot burrito from a truck at a game once.... man I'd get that every time.

  15. #210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Right it’s taller than Moos. Would guess easily 20-30 stories. That was why I responded, to the idea that the apt building above the new Sally’s is a giant monstrosity.
    • 30 stories would make it about half the height of the IDS building.

    • Side note...On Google Maps street view you can stand on Washington and look at Sally's, and then "travel" to the west a bit and still see the Big Ten. Weird that in a major US city with a huge campus they're that far behind. But, I'm guessing the Subaru just ran out of gas.

    • As far as ticket sales...
    - Lower the ticket prices (because amazingly a lot of people are unaware of websites like StubHub, etc.)
    - Lower the extra charges for season ticket holders
    - Just win.
    (There, I tried to stay on-topic with the thread)
    Last edited by FredCoxRocks; 01-24-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •