Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 399

Thread: IW

  1. #181

    Default

    I did not see the rouser fiasco but I did see him standing outside the huddle at the final timeout and he had clinched both shoulder straps of his jersey and looked like he wanted to rip it off. I didn't get my panties in a bunch about it but I definitely wasn't pleased to see it.

    It's tough when you were put on a pedestal and told you are the next Stephon Marbury your entire life then you come into high major basketball and have a hard time adjusting and buying in. Isaiah is a good player and we just need to ride the wave of inconsistency until something changes. Our team is better off with him on it and I think everyone in the locker room knows it. Just hope we can find some level ground with him between 23 points/10 assists and 2 points/8 turnovers.


  2. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    This is the way Pitino is going to handle him. Too bad he doesnt have a talented brother or family to 'advocate'for him. Badgerworshiper hasnt weighed in yet on the briliance of Pitino's handling of IW, but I'm anticipating transfer. I hate when I see a kid tighten up like this because he knows any mistake will land him on the bench.
    Badgerworshiper ! Good one. Just admire how they built things as i was involved at that time. As for IW, How is it that fans think they know better than the coaching staff ? They have so much more experience plus all of the information, all the practices, all the combinations, chemistry and on and on. It sounds foolish, in my opinion that a fan might know better.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mean streets of Rochester
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan View Post
    Agree that Dupree's pass created that situation and I thought watching it he was trying to throw the ball off a defender and out of bounds which is a reasonable play to make, just missed.
    That's exactly what he was trying to do (throw it off a defender). It just didn't work out for him. Had it worked, we'd be saying what a heady play made by a smart player.

  4. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gray4heisman View Post
    I did not see the rouser fiasco but I did see him standing outside the huddle at the final timeout and he had clinched both shoulder straps of his jersey and looked like he wanted to rip it off. I didn't get my panties in a bunch about it but I definitely wasn't pleased to see it.

    It's tough when you were put on a pedestal and told you are the next Stephon Marbury your entire life then you come into high major basketball and have a hard time adjusting and buying in. Isaiah is a good player and we just need to ride the wave of inconsistency until something changes. Our team is better off with him on it and I think everyone in the locker room knows it. Just hope we can find some level ground with him between 23 points/10 assists and 2 points/8 turnovers.
    Anyone who told him that he was the next Stephon Marbury simply does not know basketball. Every top 20 program passed. Marbury was far beyond . IW can be a very good college player but was a victim of social media obsession that way over value highlights that are seldom even real basketball plays. When he becomes sound, mature and reliable he will play more.

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    They have so much more experience plus all of the information, all the practices, all the combinations, chemistry and on and on. It sounds foolish, in my opinion that a fan might know better.
    Well, the same thing could be said for the US national security apparatus leading up to the Iraqi War but that didn't prevent them from making a terrible mistake. Yet, there were countless numbers of people with less information saying "Don't do it!" You're assuming that decision makers always make the logical decision with the information available to them. In reality, hubris rather than information and logic often leads the way.

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Well, the same thing could be said for the US national security apparatus leading up to the Iraqi War but that didn't prevent them from making a terrible mistake. Yet, there were countless numbers of people with less information saying "Don't do it!" You're assuming that decision makers always make the logical decision with the information available to them. In reality, hubris rather than information and logic often leads the way.
    Your right, especially in light of how poorly this staff's record is. But fans have no downside and no value for their opinions otherwise they would get paid by somebody. So some fans want him to play more, some want him to play him like coach sees fit, and some want him off the team. No problem, everyone has a opinion and based on what i see at this point in time i would not play him more.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Your right, especially in light of how poorly this staff's record is. But fans have no downside and no value for their opinions otherwise they would get paid by somebody. So some fans want him to play more, some want him to play him like coach sees fit, and some want him off the team. No problem, everyone has a opinion and based on what i see at this point in time i would not play him more.
    All jokes aside, and I really don't know the answer, but are you a Gopher fan or a Badger fan?

  8. #188

    Default

    Nov 12 - Utah (home) - W 78-69 - IW 16 mins
    Nov 18 - Texas A&M (Vancouver) - W 69-64 - IW 19 mins
    Nov 21 - Washington (Vancouver) - W 68-66 - IW 21 mins
    Nov 26 - Boston Coll (away) - L 56-68 - IW 19 mins
    Nov 30 - Okla State (US bank) - W 83-76 - IW 20 mins
    Dec 2 - Ohio St (away) - L 59-79 - IW 23 mins
    Dec 5 - Nebraska (home) - W 85-78 - IW 11 mins
    Jan 3 - Wisconsin (away) - W 59-52 - IW 0 mins
    Jan 8 - Maryland (home) - L 67 - 82 - IW 17 mins
    Jan 12 - Rutgers (home) - W 88-70 - IW 14 mins
    Jan 16 - Illinois (away) - L 68-95 - IW 24 mins
    Jan 19 - Penn St (home) - W 65-64 - IW 22 mins, 0-4, 2 asst, 1 steal, 1 TO
    Jan 22 - Michigan (away) - L 57-59 - IW 12 mins, 0-1, 0 asst, 0 steal, 5 TO

    Jan 27 - Iowa (home) - W 92-87 - IW 13 mins, 3-4 (1-1 3pt), 0 asst, 0 steal, 2 TO

  9. #189

    Default

    Our offense was on fire, regardless if he was in or not.

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Jan 22 - Michigan (away) - L 57-59 - IW 12 mins, 0-1, 0 asst, 0 steal, 5 TO
    Wow, I knew it wasn't good, but 5 TO in 12 mins, yikes. If we had Carr right now, I'm not sure he would be 12 minutes the rest of the season.

    His A/TO is still decent, but headed in the wrong direction.

  11. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Badgerworshiper ! Good one. Just admire how they built things as i was involved at that time. As for IW, How is it that fans think they know better than the coaching staff ? They have so much more experience plus all of the information, all the practices, all the combinations, chemistry and on and on. It sounds foolish, in my opinion that a fan might know better.
    This is a very funny sentence. WHY ARE YOU ON A FAN BOARD??
    To help us, I think. To save us from our foolishness. Well, its not working.

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    This is a very funny sentence. WHY ARE YOU ON A FAN BOARD??
    To help us, I think. To save us from our foolishness. Well, its not working.
    I haven't always agreed with him, but builtbadgers is one of the better posters on here.
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

  13. #193

    Default

    I can understand why Isaiah's frustrated, but can also see why Pitino doesnt trust him yet in some of these high leverage situations. I think Isaiah's making strides, hopefully he hangs in because can be a difference maker if he can gain consistency.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    A rather understandable human reaction under the circumstances I would say. McBrayer's defense in the last couple of minutes was very good but his point guard play in the half court offense during the second half was painful to watch. Even one of the announcers said the team would be better off with Washington on the floor during that second half stretch. But, McBrayer can play poorly and still stay on the floor. If Washington makes a couple of mistakes, he sits for long stretches.
    McBrayer does all the little things right, so even if he's having an off game, he's still a net positive. IW doesn't do a lot of the little things or he does them wrong. If he's not handling the ball well, what does he have to offer?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    I never hear people complain about Oturo attitude when he comes off the floor not give anyone a fist bump or clapping for teammates oh that’s right u have agenda.
    10.2pts 7.2rebs 1.7blks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •