Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: IW

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Why? 100% true. Can't have that garbage on a squad fighting for a tourney bid.
    Agreed. I brought it up because I assume many missed it. It wouldn't have been on T.V and many had already left to "beat traffic". If people don't want to hear about it, don't come to this thread. IW needs to grow up. He has improved his play, but his attitude leaves much to be desired.

He isn’t bad teammate they love this kid. Lol just because a fan doesn’t like him his teammates love playing with him. Another good outing for IW. Nobody can understand why he wasn’t on the floor the last 4 minutes to bust up the press and the trap he can do that himself.

I never hear people complain about Oturo attitude when he comes off the floor not give anyone a fist bump or clapping for teammates oh that’s right u have agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    Nobody can understand why he wasn’t on the floor the last 4 minutes to bust up the press and the trap he can do that himself.
    Like when he bounce passed it to Iowa for an easy layup in the first half when trapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Like when he bounce passed it to Iowa for an easy layup in the first half when trapped?
    Bad pass no doubt, take the out of bounds, 5 second, or take a time out anything better than what he did. I don't think that's 100% on him.

The TERRIBLE pass in that sequence was Dupree's leading him into that. It's crazy how Iowa has been able to affect our press break for several years. Dupree has struggled against them every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    He really didn't get much time to do anything else there. McBrayer passed the ball to him while he was on the sideline right in the middle of a converging double team of taller defenders. They learned by that mistake and didn't do that again.

I notice that you're always a lamentably predictable voice for the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Bad pass no doubt, take the out of bounds, 5 second, or take a time out anything better than what he did. I don't think that's 100% on him.

The TERRIBLE pass in that sequence was Dupree's leading him into that. It's crazy how Iowa has been able to affect our press break for several years. Dupree has struggled against them every single game.
    Yes, that was my take, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Grimey Grimes View Post
    Ed Conroy came over and tried to talk to him, but IW seemed really pissed off about something.
    A rather understandable human reaction under the circumstances I would say. McBrayer's defense in the last couple of minutes was very good but his point guard play in the half court offense during the second half was painful to watch. Even one of the announcers said the team would be better off with Washington on the floor during that second half stretch. But, McBrayer can play poorly and still stay on the floor. If Washington makes a couple of mistakes, he sits for long stretches.

This is the way Pitino is going to handle him. Too bad he doesnt have a talented brother or family to 'advocate'for him. Badgerworshiper hasnt weighed in yet on the briliance of Pitino's handling of IW, but I'm anticipating transfer. I hate when I see a kid tighten up like this because he knows any mistake will land him on the bench.

Maybe coach will message him an apology
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

We actually have people on here that think factual things that happened shouldn't be put on a forum? Unbelievable.

Everyone can have their own interpretation or felling on something that happened, but to say we can't discuss it or mention it because some posters don't have the intellectual or emotional ability to process things they don't want to read seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Maybe coach will message him an apology
    I didn’t know Washington had a brother who was a 5 star recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    We actually have people on here that think factual things that happened shouldn't be put on a forum? Unbelievable.

Everyone can have their own interpretation or felling on something that happened, but to say we can't discuss it or mention it because some posters don't have the intellectual or emotional ability to process things they don't want to read seems ridiculous.
    Nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post

Bravo, Mr. Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post

Agree that Dupree's pass created that situation and I thought watching it he was trying to throw the ball off a defender and out of bounds which is a reasonable play to make, just missed.