Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IW

Default IW

Yep. Looks just like every other guard. Enough said.

The team looked so much better on offense when he was in the game. I think itís time for coach Pitino to cut him more slack and give him more minutes. Itís the only way he will learn, and in order for this team to progress from decent to very good, the good version of IW will be necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this thread would be about "Jelly's" bone-head move to get ejected. One step forward, one huge step backwards.

A point guard especially can't lose his cool like that.

Washington looks fantastic when he's facilitating the offense.

He looks horrendous when he dribbles down and forgets he has 4 other players on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by mplarson7 View Post
    Washington looks fantastic when he's facilitating the offense.

He looks horrendous when he dribbles down and forgets he has 4 other players on his team.
    Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hope is he recognizes the results when he does what coach wants him to do.

Today was a great example

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    I thought this thread would be about "Jelly's" bone-head move to get ejected. One step forward, one huge step backwards.

A point guard especially can't lose his cool like that.
    Yeah! Mason NEVER would have done ANYTHING like that!!

As noted in another thread, IW is so much better at point against the zone D. The ball barely touches his hands and he's passing it before the zone can react. His passes to the big at the FT line happens so fast that it opens up other options like cutting forwards or the turnaround shot (as Oturu made).

I sure wish Coffey wouldn’t fall down so often when he tries his layups. Totally out of control.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by mplarson7 View Post
    Which he rarely does anymore.

He shouldn't be faulted so much for that fast break dribble drive into the defenders in the Maryland game. There was a certain logic to taking the ball to the hoop before the defense was set. Unfortunately, while Washington is a very good ball handler, he is not a particularly explosive athlete and those defenders were both much taller and better athletes than him.

Blog Entries

We need more JELLY!

Washington - 2nd best assist rate in the Big Ten right now. Who knew?

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2019/1/...vidual-leaders

Default IW

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonSG View Post
    Washington - 2nd best assist rate in the Big Ten right now. Who knew?

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2019/1/...vidual-leaders
    . . . and leads the Big Ten in bouncing ball off peoplesí heads.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Which he rarely does anymore.

He shouldn't be faulted so much for that fast break dribble drive into the defenders in the Maryland game. There was a certain logic to taking the ball to the hoop before the defense was set. Unfortunately, while Washington is a very good ball handler, he is not a particularly explosive athlete and those defenders were both much taller and better athletes than him.
    I think you need to watch IW a little more closely. He is exceedingly fast. Contrary to many on this forums belief, Pitino and I hope IW is trying to change a bad behavior of not using the other four players on the court. Playing more minutes will not help unless he is playing the right way. Pitino has him on a leash, IW knows this, and I think he is ok with it. He is definitely improving, we can all see that he can be amazing sometimes. He relies on his athleticism, and his work ethic might be suspect. I see his posture is improving, shoulders back, stand up straight.