Nov 26 - Boston Coll (away) - L 56-68 - IW 19 mins
Nov 30 - Okla State (US bank) - W 83-76 - IW 20 mins
Dec 2 - Ohio St (away) - L 59-79 - IW 23 mins
Dec 5 - Nebraska (home) - W 85-78 - IW 11 mins
Jan 3 - Wisconsin (away) - W 59-52 - IW 0 mins
Jan 8 - Maryland (home) - L 67 - 82 - IW 17 mins
Jan 12 - Rutgers (home) - W 88-70 - IW 14 mins
Jan 16 - Illinois (away) - L 68-95 - IW 24 mins

The naive statistics are certainly not trending in his favor, against high major competition this season.

Jan 19 - Penn St (home) - W 65-64 - IW 22 mins, 0-4, 2 asst, 1 steal, 1 TO
Jan 22 - Michigan (away) - L 57-59 - IW 12 mins, 0-1, 0 asst, 0 steal, 5 TO

Everyone has an off night, sure. And he won't be benched for the rest of the season, by any means.

But last night ... he just needs to try to forget about that, and move on.

Points to the most maddening thing about Pitino for me and that's the way he manages his roster. He saw what he had not only in Washington, but in the rest of the team. People had their doubts about point guard after seeing Washington play. Pitino must or should have also. Plans B, C, D, etc. were to hope Coffey would be it, a grad transfer would do it, a transfer would be eligible, or what. I get it he tried; but it all seems like, "Damn, we can't rely on what I've recruited. How about we ...?"

Team had too much potential to be this lacking and inconsistent at this position.

Yeah, that position is in pretty bad shape. What is maddening to me is how little Pitino has been able to get out of IW against decent competition this year. His game looked more broken than ever last night. IW has talent and court vision, but has regressed in his ability to play within the gopher offense or adapt to the pace of a particular game. For me, that’s on the coach for not being able to identify how illprepared he was for that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not having another true pg on the roster to practice against hurts Washington.
Simpson can really play defense. Stuff that works for Washington against weaker teams won't work here, yet he wont find that out until it costs us.

Iowa is playing good basketball, and better defense then in the past, but they don't have a bulldog perimeter defender. If we can run against them Washington has a chance to play much better.

Not having another true pg on the roster to practice against hurts Washington.
Simpson can really play defense. Stuff that works for Washington against weaker teams won't work here, yet he wont find that out until it costs us.

Iowa is playing good basketball, and better defense then in the past, but they don't have a bulldog perimeter defender. If we can run against them Washington has a chance to play much better.

Do you think IW goes against Carr at all ?

Michigan game was a tough one for him. Simpson is an excellent defender and forced several bad turnovers. While Iowa doesn't have a good on ball defender, they will end up playing a lot of zone. Will probably start in man and go to zone if Iowa falls behind. IW's penetration and pushing the pace will be a key to winning and breaking the zone.....need to get upcourt before the zone sets. Still not confident in the zone offense, there just doesn't seem to be enough off the ball movement (or good outside shooting to keep them honest).

Would love to see it click for this kid on a consistent basis.

Speaking of Carr.... I just went back and looked at his year at Pitt and some video just to refresh on him.

.333- 3 point shooter - good for a frosh- should pair well with Kalscheur next year
.81 free throw shooter -good
okay assists to turnovers ratio - might be a reflection on his teammates?
Pitt- I knew they had a bad year but wow- 0-18 last year in conference, so that shakes my confidence a bit on Carr
In his video he looks to be a PG and has a great handle and vision
Nice jumper
Like IW -not an above the rim guy at all- no dunks in the highlights. But he is taller at 6-2 and looks like a better finisher and the video was against ACC teams

Michigan game was a tough one for him. Simpson is an excellent defender and forced several bad turnovers. While Iowa doesn't have a good on ball defender, they will end up playing a lot of zone. Will probably start in man and go to zone if Iowa falls behind. IW's penetration and pushing the pace will be a key to winning and breaking the zone.....need to get upcourt before the zone sets. Still not confident in the zone offense, there just doesn't seem to be enough off the ball movement (or good outside shooting to keep them honest).

Would love to see it click for this kid on a consistent basis.

Right on!

Speaking of Carr.... I just went back and looked at his year at Pitt and some video just to refresh on him.

.333- 3 point shooter - good for a frosh- should pair well with Kalscheur next year
.81 free throw shooter -good
okay assists to turnovers ratio - might be a reflection on his teammates?
Pitt- I knew they had a bad year but wow- 0-18 last year in conference, so that shakes my confidence a bit on Carr
In his video he looks to be a PG and has a great handle and vision
Nice jumper
Like IW -not an above the rim guy at all- no dunks in the highlights. But he is taller at 6-2 and looks like a better finisher and the video was against ACC teams

I hope he plays defense and can stay with and pressure other B1G PGs.

I hope he pushes IW and makes him better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else see IW acting like a petulant child at the end of the game? He was standing outside the circle during the rouser and staring off into the distance. Ed Conroy came over and tried to talk to him, but IW seemed really pissed off about something.

I have defended IW relentlessly on this board and I thought he played well tonight, but this really pissed me off. Its one thing to not be the rah-rah guy, but to be standing completely seperate from your teamates after a big win...is completely unacceptable. I really hope Pitino takes him aside and chews him out. I'd rather have IW not on this team than have a bad locker room guy on it.

Last edited:

Anyone else see IW acting like a petulant child at the end of the game? He was standing outside the circle during the rouser and staring off into the distance. Ed Conroy came over and tried to talk to him, but IW seemed really pissed off about something.

I have defended IW relentlessly on this board and I thought he played well tonight, but this really pissed me off. Its one thing to not be the rah-rah guy, but to be standing completely seperate from your teamates after a big win...is completely unacceptable. I really hope Pitino takes him aside and chews him out. I'd rather have IW not on this team than have a bad locker room guy on it.
Please don't start this again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why? 100% true. Can't have that garbage on a squad fighting for a tourney bid.

Agreed. I brought it up because I assume many missed it. It wouldn't have been on T.V and many had already left to "beat traffic". If people don't want to hear about it, don't come to this thread. IW needs to grow up. He has improved his play, but his attitude leaves much to be desired.

He isn’t bad teammate they love this kid. Lol just because a fan doesn’t like him his teammates love playing with him. Another good outing for IW. Nobody can understand why he wasn’t on the floor the last 4 minutes to bust up the press and the trap he can do that himself.

I never hear people complain about Oturo attitude when he comes off the floor not give anyone a fist bump or clapping for teammates oh that’s right u have agenda.

Nobody can understand why he wasn’t on the floor the last 4 minutes to bust up the press and the trap he can do that himself.

Like when he bounce passed it to Iowa for an easy layup in the first half when trapped?

Like when he bounce passed it to Iowa for an easy layup in the first half when trapped?

Bad pass no doubt, take the out of bounds, 5 second, or take a time out anything better than what he did. I don't think that's 100% on him.

The TERRIBLE pass in that sequence was Dupree's leading him into that. It's crazy how Iowa has been able to affect our press break for several years. Dupree has struggled against them every single game.

He really didn't get much time to do anything else there. McBrayer passed the ball to him while he was on the sideline right in the middle of a converging double team of taller defenders. They learned by that mistake and didn't do that again.

I notice that you're always a lamentably predictable voice for the status quo.

Bad pass no doubt, take the out of bounds, 5 second, or take a time out anything better than what he did. I don't think that's 100% on him.

The TERRIBLE pass in that sequence was Dupree's leading him into that. It's crazy how Iowa has been able to affect our press break for several years. Dupree has struggled against them every single game.

Yes, that was my take, too.

Ed Conroy came over and tried to talk to him, but IW seemed really pissed off about something.

A rather understandable human reaction under the circumstances I would say. McBrayer's defense in the last couple of minutes was very good but his point guard play in the half court offense during the second half was painful to watch. Even one of the announcers said the team would be better off with Washington on the floor during that second half stretch. But, McBrayer can play poorly and still stay on the floor. If Washington makes a couple of mistakes, he sits for long stretches.

This is the way Pitino is going to handle him. Too bad he doesnt have a talented brother or family to 'advocate'for him. Badgerworshiper hasnt weighed in yet on the briliance of Pitino's handling of IW, but I'm anticipating transfer. I hate when I see a kid tighten up like this because he knows any mistake will land him on the bench.

We actually have people on here that think factual things that happened shouldn't be put on a forum? Unbelievable.

Everyone can have their own interpretation or felling on something that happened, but to say we can't discuss it or mention it because some posters don't have the intellectual or emotional ability to process things they don't want to read seems ridiculous.

We actually have people on here that think factual things that happened shouldn't be put on a forum? Unbelievable.

Everyone can have their own interpretation or felling on something that happened, but to say we can't discuss it or mention it because some posters don't have the intellectual or emotional ability to process things they don't want to read seems ridiculous.

Nailed it!

Bravo, Mr. Tim!

Agree that Dupree's pass created that situation and I thought watching it he was trying to throw the ball off a defender and out of bounds which is a reasonable play to make, just missed.

Top Bottom