Some Rutgers game thoughts

Fortunately, we have a coach who took a lower rated player than Tum Tum and developed Nate Mason way beyond Tum Tum. Think IW's in good hands.

Can’t let people forget this fact.

This smells like Charles buggs where Gopherhole has sided with the player over the coach.

IW like Charles has some skills that the team could use. IW like Charles needs to understand what coach is asking for and find his way into the lineup.

IW unlike Charles can help this team without doing exactly what coach wants. So I hope this coach finds a common ground to allow for the player to develop into a big 10 version of himself rather than a shell of himself. He appears to be doing just that.

It is not just Pitino that thinks IW needs to adjust. Many commentators that watch him play have a similar analysis to Pitino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not just Pitino that thinks IW needs to adjust. Many commentators that watch him play have a similar analysis to Pitino.

The commentator yesterday loved him. Called him the MVP of the game

Fortunately, we have a coach who took a lower rated player than Tum Tum and developed Nate Mason way beyond Tum Tum. Think IW's in good hands.
+1000

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think we all agree when Washington pushes the pace, but is under control and isn't chucking up a 1-9 night he is a valuable asset to the team. It's the games where hes not guarding anyone and feels he needs to carry the team on his shoulders is where he needs to improve. His best games have been where he just let's the game come to him.

I agree IW should start. You can still limit his minutes if he goes off script.

I agree IW should start. You can still limit his minutes if he goes off script.

I like him off the bench with Gabe starting. Some shooters like preform better as a starter and he's a key piece right now.

Hurt is terrified to shoot

I hadn't really noticed that in other games but it really stood out in the Rutgers games. There were a number of times he passed on good looks and swung the ball to a teammate. Great to be unselfish but if you have a good look you should take it.

Can't imagine they are telling him not to shoot but he definitely doesn't have the confidence to put it up right now.

I hadn't really noticed that in other games but it really stood out in the Rutgers games. There were a number of times he passed on good looks and swung the ball to a teammate. Great to be unselfish but if you have a good look you should take it.

Can't imagine they are telling him not to shoot but he definitely doesn't have the confidence to put it up right now.
I think part of the reason this was so noticeable is that IW is now following through on his coaches instructions that yes, really, he should pass to Hurt.

The crazy thing is that Hurt keeps passing up the open 3s but has, several times, made some tough shots at the rim on back cuts. It would be awesome if he could make a couple and build the confidence that he should take those open ones. It would help to develop another consistent deep shooter. Who knows; maybe Micheal never becomes that kind of player.

The crazy thing is that Hurt keeps passing up the open 3s but has, several times, made some tough shots at the rim on back cuts. It would be awesome if he could make a couple and build the confidence that he should take those open ones. It would help to develop another consistent deep shooter. Who knows; maybe Micheal never becomes that kind of player.

He could shoot it in high school so don't understand what is going on now.

He could shoot it in high school so don't understand what is going on now.
I saw his shot when he was in high school. I said then that his shot was awkward and too slow. His guide hand comes over the top of the ball so he's not consistent. I figured his lack of competition made him look better than he was.
That being said, he seems like a really nice kid and he does try hard. He just has an inconsistent shot.

I saw his shot when he was in high school. I said then that his shot was awkward and too slow. His guide hand comes over the top of the ball so he's not consistent. I figured his lack of competition made him look better than he was.
That being said, he seems like a really nice kid and he does try hard. He just has an inconsistent shot.

I like to watch our guys shoot before games in the warmups. Hurt has never appeared to me to be a good shooter, and his warmup results seem to support that. Of course, the only thing that counts is in games, so I’m just sayin’...

Top Bottom