Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reusse's baaaack!

1500ESPN rebranding, changing daily sports lineup.

and it appears Patrick Reusse will be back on the air.

Twin Cities sports talk station 1500 ESPN has rebranded, now calling itself "SKOR North on 1500AM."

The station will make the changes official next week, as announced on Twitter by 1500 ESPN Vikings reporter/host Matthew Coller. The station is focused on being a "digital-first" media company that broadcasts national radio shows from 5 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday before turning live and local weekdays from 12-7 p.m.

Since canceling longtime Twin Cities radio show "Garage Logic" last fall and dropping Patrick Reusse from its airwaves, the station has been gearing up for some big programming changes. Here's what the new afternoon lineup will look like.

12-1 p.m. – Purple Daily

1-2 p.m. – Purple Daily, Twins Show or Timberwolves Show (depends on the season)

2-4 p.m. – SKOR North Live with Matthew Coller

4-6 p.m. – The Mackey & Judd Show with Ramie

6-7 p.m. – Twins Show, Timberwolves Show, Reusse Unchained or The Beer Show

Reusse is apparently back in the mix at AM-1500, although it's not really clear what "Reusse Unchained" is or if it'll be a daily or weekly show.

1500ESPN.com still exists, but that'll change Monday when it transitions to SKORNorth.com, with the station saying it's committed to producing digital stories, columns, podcasts and videos.

Listeners can probably expect a lot more detail about the new brand and lineup construction when the crew goes live next week.

According to the latest Nielsen Audio Ratings, AM-1500 (KSTP-AM) ranks 26th among radio stations in the Minneapolis-St. Paul market for listeners age 12+.

From Bring Me The News. https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...-sports-lineup

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

I like Reusse when he's not trolling Gopher fans, and even sometimes when he is. My only beef with his old show is he spent a lot of time on pretty obscure stuff like town baseball etc. I don't mind reading his columns on that stuff, I don't want to listen to some guest blather on about it.

I wonder what national radio they are affiliating with? CBS or Fox most likely.

"Reusse Unchained" is the title of a podcast that Reusse has been doing with Zulgad. They do roughly one per week and post it on the ESPN1500 website. First couple episodes ran about an hour.

So, I'm guessing or assuming that they'll run the Podcast in that time slot once a week, depending on what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I like Reusse when he's not trolling Gopher fans, and even sometimes when he is. My only beef with his old show is he spent a lot of time on pretty obscure stuff like town baseball etc. I don't mind reading his columns on that stuff, I don't want to listen to some guest blather on about it.

I wonder what national radio they are affiliating with? CBS or Fox most likely.
    i thought i read they are sticking with espn programming

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Me, too. I read this as a rebranding, but not a new network affiliation. Although, dropping the ESPN from the name does make it easier to potentially swap network affiliations.

"The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

I don't think so. I had read rumors their contract with ESPN was up. And I don't think they would do this re-branding if all that was changing was a couple of afternoon shows.

I don't think so. I had read rumors their contract with ESPN was up. And I don't think they would do this re-branding if all that was changing was a couple of afternoon shows.
    howy, wrong again!

Blog Entries

Even though your link is broken, you appear to be correct. I believe they will be leaving espn before April though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Even though your link is broken, you appear to be correct. I believe they will be leaving espn before April though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Link? You cant see the embedded twitter?

Anyways, you're probably right. For one, espn is probably pretty expensive. For two, cant imagine espn is too happy with the 1500 rebranding.

Anyways, you're probably right. For one, espn is probably pretty expensive. For two, cant imagine espn is too happy with the 1500 rebranding.
    Also seems like a lot of unneccesary rebranding if staying with espn

Blog Entries

Didn't work on mobile for some reason. Anyway, I agree the re-branding doesn't make sense if they are staying. But who knows. This whole thing has been disjointed. Fire Souch and Reusse without announcing a plan of what would follow. Then a month later nothing really changes except Mackey and Judd go to afternoon. Then a few months later re-brand but still be ESPN for awhile. Then a few months later switch networks. The logical thing would have been to do all of the above at once after the ESPN contract runs out.

Didn't work on mobile for some reason. Anyway, I agree the re-branding doesn't make sense if they are staying. But who knows. This whole thing has been disjointed. Fire Souch and Reusse without announcing a plan of what would follow. Then a month later nothing really changes except Mackey and Judd go to afternoon. Then a few months later re-brand but still be ESPN for awhile. Then a few months later switch networks. The logical thing would have been to do all of the above at once after the ESPN contract runs out.
    Mackey is now their Sports Director.

WTF is a SKOR?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    WTF is a SKOR?
    A pretty decent candy bar from the 80's. You can still find them some places.