***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Great game by Jelly (other than last thre minutes). He was the spark that really helped move the offense. Coffey is first all big ten worthy so far.

Great game by Jelly (other than last thre minutes). He was the spark that really helped move the offense. Coffey is first all big ten worthy so far.
Yes, as a true point guard he breaks down a 2-3 zone much better than anyone else. He doesn't stop ball. He knows where to pass without hesitation.

Exactly the right reaction, it was a heat of the moment thing but the bottom line is that IW has to be smart enough to just walk away. He obviously wasn't trying to injure the other player by tossing the ball at him but there was also no need for it and in a closer game a decision like that could really hurt his team.

Agreed. If I'm the coach of any other big ten team and I saw that, my reaction is going to be to tell my team to try to discretely needle at him and see if you get a reaction. At least that was always the approach in high school hockey: figure out whose skin is too thin to not take the bait, then enjoy the powerplay.

Jelly was so good again. Only true PG and gets easy baskets for everyone on the team.

I was at the game and on the opposite end of the scuffle. Looked to me like IW got tossed because he got hit. Tossing the ball at the guy was dumb but that usually isn’t an ejection.

Coaches and teammates were laughing. Guessing he doesn’t lose PT because of it. He was really good today. Even made some 3s!!!

Before the season, most of us I think thought the season would rise or fall based on IW's performance because of our lack of point guard depth. The issue has been somewhat mitigated due to Coffey's strong play, but would take us to another level if Washington could become a consistent force.

They are a different team whrn he is on, so good, hope he continues to play with more consistency.

He's got to master turning around and just laughing at the guy.

This. You can actually retaliate more effectively and more “in-your-face” by laughing at the other guy’s idiotic behavior. Then again, the idiot refs might call a technical foul for laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. You can actually retaliate more effectively and more “in-your-face” by laughing at the other guy’s idiotic behavior. Then again, the idiot refs might call a technical foul for laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they do that, I certainly won't blame Jelly for it. I think your reaction to attempted provocation should demonstrate two things: (1) that it does not bother you in the slightest and (2) that you think they are pathetic for trying. You accomplish that and the opponent will either stop trying to provoke or escalate their efforts to provoke thereby losing focus on their game and probably getting themselves in trouble with the refs.

Am I the only one who thinks that while The Coffey dunks are fun to watch he going to injure himself?

No, you're not. After the dust-up I told my wife I wished Pitino would take Coffey out. Didn't need a repeat of when he got intentionally hammered and went down really hard.

No, you're not. After the dust-up I told my wife I wished Pitino would take Coffey out. Didn't need a repeat of when he got intentionally hammered and went down really hard.

I was barking for Pitino to clear the bench with three minutes to go. I thought it was a no-brainer. Rutgers plays rough and it would have been a disaster to get someone hurt in garbage time when the bench should have been in in the first place. Not getting why it took him so long to clear the pines.

Top Bottom