***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Eighteen point win. That's good for playing on your home court.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bingo. Since when can assistant coaches not go grab their players?

Also, “no carry over past this game.” Well no sh!t Sherlock, you don’t get to suspend people

Just imagine an all out brawl and coaches can’t separate players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was dumb, but it wasn't done with malice. The guy shoved it in his gut.
Maturity is realizing that the guy who reacts to a disrespect is the guy who gets rung up first.

Fun win. Fun to watch the guys and you can tell that they are adjusting and learning to get better.

Slow day for the "Gopher Panic Squad" and the "Hate Pitino Crowd". Better luck next time.

Also, “no carry over past this game.” Well no sh!t Sherlock, you don’t get to suspend people

I was surprised that the assistant coaches were ejected, but the announcers said that apparently only the head coaches can enter the court?

As for the “no carry over” comment, they could be clarifying that it’s not like a targeting penalty in football where you sit for the first half of the next game if you commit the penalty in the second half.

Am I the only one who thinks that while The Coffey dunks are fun to watch he going to injure himself?

Hey does look a bit out of control at times. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt.

Am I the only one who thinks that while The Coffey dunks are fun to watch he going to injure himself?
Nope. I have thought if he tried from further out like he is doing now that the risk of injury goes up waaaayyyyy too high.

It was dumb, but it wasn't done with malice. The guy shoved it in his gut.

+1 Remember he's a college kid and doesn't want to get disrespected. I don't blame IW one bit for doing what he did. Was it smart, no, but there was no malice intended.

+1 Remember he's a college kid and doesn't want to get disrespected. I don't blame IW one bit for doing what he did. Was it smart, no, but there was no malice intended.

Agreed. Pitino just said he didn't think it was a "big deal" but told IW he has to be smarter than that.

He's got to master turning around and just laughing at the guy.

Feels good to make an easy game look like an easy game. Didnt see the first half, but the boys looked great in the second.

Agreed. Pitino just said he didn't think it was a "big deal" but told IW he has to be smarter than that.

Exactly the right reaction, it was a heat of the moment thing but the bottom line is that IW has to be smart enough to just walk away. He obviously wasn't trying to injure the other player by tossing the ball at him but there was also no need for it and in a closer game a decision like that could really hurt his team.

Feels good to make an easy game look like an easy game. Didnt see the first half, but the boys looked great in the second.

Started red hot, cooled off some but managed to maintain a comfortable lead for the most part before pulling away in the second half.

Much better shooting across the board. This team is so up and down from game to game in terms of shooting but when they are on like they were tonight they can play really well.

Nice win. Couple of good Pitino snarkyisms aftter the game:

Grimm: Free throws better. You spent some time practicing
them this week?
Pitino: Yes, we took the fan's advice.

Grimm: This game serves to get things stabilized again?
Pitino: Yes, got things stabilized after our one game losing
streak.

On to Illinois.

I thought players got penalized for coming off the bench, or is that just in the NBA ? Rutgers had a player at the scorers table who went sprinting to the action, and had two more players come off the bench.

That was sure a fun minute of action that included a Coffey slam, blocks by Murphy and then Oturu, and the Jelly roll.

Also, I'm not sure who he was, but I thought the color commentator did a very good job. He seemed very knowledgeable.

That was a fun second half. Loved the energy. This team has the potential to be very good.

Assistant coaches not being able to go on the court to break up a scuffle is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in awhile. Why wouldn’t you want more guys out there helping in a situation like that?

This team has to embrace the uptempo game. Oturu is a good running big. Amir is N elite transition player and our only pg excels in that style. Murphy is your perfect guy for that getting rb and being strong enough to find the outlet. Mcbrayer is an above average finisher. Push the ball.

Lazy few minutes by Coffey. Watched his corner three fall shirt while posing on the follow through, could have fought for offensive board. Dribbles and doesn’t swing the ball against the zone. Doesn’t box out on the closeout and gives up an offensive board.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's one thing I hate, it's players not following their shots.

Even though the Gophers won handily, they win looking ugly. We have good athletes, but none of them are graceful athletes. It's like watching pitbulls walking down the street. Nothing graceful about them.

Even though the Gophers won handily, they win looking ugly. We have good athletes, but none of them are graceful athletes. It's like watching pitbulls walking down the street. Nothing graceful about them.

It’s big ten basketball. When is it ever graceful?

I wouldn't want it any other way ��

Top Bottom