Pitino sent Michael Hurt a text saying he was wrong for not playing him more vs MD

No one is saying IW is without flaws - we're used to flawed players here.
But speaking of good coaches, Izzo worked and figured out how to make a very serviceable player who made strong contributions out of Tum Tum despite his shortcomings. I expect Pitino to do something similar instead of this constant whining about him. He didnt inherit this player from someone else's team vision.

Already said there is still time. The conversation was about why Pitino was not playing him.

People complain if Richard doesn't give reasons why IW doesn't play. Then they call him a whiner if he points out why IW's not playing more. Can't make it up.

Pitino's text has "pacify mommy and daddy Hurt" written all over it.
Your kid gets recruited to play and then you don't see your kid play. It can grind on parents who want to see their kid play, regardless of victory. It can be even more frustrating if the team loses and your kid didn't contribute. "If only my kid had played..."
Do not under estimate the power of parental gossip... especially when they have another kid you're recruiting...

The text is completely that imo too. Remember dad is an Asst coach on the 7 and 5 Matthew Hurt -JM team with the 6'9 Meister kid to pair him with. How do you lose playing against the teams they play with those two kids?

Being old school, I recall the days when an important message like that was communicated in person. Times have certainly changed.

Pretty good chance he is seeing what you are. Anyone not seeing it will not let themselves overcome what they wish for to see the truth. Coach sees it clearly. Same phenomenon as fans say that was terrible officiating in a loss but never say how well it was officiated in a win, they pay it no attention. I still think he can become a really good player but there were dozens of high caliber coaches who passed on him for a reason. Being great on the Globetrotters is different that being great on a great college team.

The kid has talent. When he plays with a higher bb iq he makes his team better. When he doesn’t, the negative impact is really magnified. I have to believe Richard and the assistant coaches have made it clear, for a long time, the positives and negatives of his play.

Iw needs the recognize the positives when he plays the way the coach wants him to play.

The text is completely that imo too. Remember dad is an Asst coach on the 7 and 5 Matthew Hurt -JM team with the 6'9 Meister kid to pair him with. How do you lose playing against the teams they play with those two kids?

No guard play

I agree 100%

I only got half the minutes (IW played 15 minutes) that I had hoped for today. He probably cost himself 4 or 5 minutes by getting thrown out.

I just hope that his minutes continue to grow through conference.

Yep. A PG who can't shoot and has average quickness. Tough to be effective for an extended period.

Average quickness? He usually has no problem getting by defenders. What he does after that is sometimes the problem.

Top Bottom