Michigan

balds

Reaction score
I've been very limited watching them this season, but I believe they have final 4/2/1 written all over them. Very smooth, poised and well coached.

I've been very limited watching them this season, but I believe they have final 4/2/1 written all over them. Very smooth, poised and well coached.
I heard announcers talk about Michigan's practices saying Beilein practices more fundamental drills than any coach in the nation. Basic fundamentals over and over and over again. Seems like the great coaches who build dynasties are fundamentally sound and then recruit great athletes to play fundamentally sound basketball.
I believe Michigan has the lowest or close to the lowest turnover ratio in the nation. Fundamentals...

Their passing, cutting, IQ is elite. Do that consistently over 40 minutes and they are going to wear people down. Kudos to him.

Michigan in recent years always seem to find a way to land those multi year high level PGs that are coach’s kids. Burke, Walton and Simpson’s dads all coach at the HS level if I remember right. Easy to run a team when that’s the case. Beilein and Jay Wright have the game figured out.

Michigan in recent years always seem to find a way to land those multi year high level PGs that are coach’s kids. Burke, Walton and Simpson’s dads all coach at the HS level if I remember right. Easy to run a team when that’s the case. Beilein and Jay Wright have the game figured out.
How come Ryan Saunders never got playing time...[emoji41]

Let's see what they look like against Michigan State or Maryland. Michigan beat a good UNC team (that just got smacked around by Louisville) but outside of that they haven't really knocked off many big teams yet. Their B1G schedule has been soft so far.

I don't think they're up their with the top 5 nationally (Duke, UVA, Gonzaga etc.) but we all know that Beilein has the ability to get the most out of them.

It looked like they would be ranked #1, but then Duke made a shot at the buzzer, today.

Michigan just crushed Northwestern. Best start in UM history.
When do they play a top tier team on the road?

Obviously, next week when they play at Wisconsin. :p

Actually, I will be very curious to see how this game plays out. Beilein has been terrible against Wisconsin during his time at Michigan. And I could see Wisconsin making, say, 12 of 18 3's in this one.

Earlier this year when they beat Villanova on the road by 27. Plenty of tests coming up!

I am hoping Michigan stays undefeated until we meet them next week. If the Gophers can't pull off the upset then hopefully they can stay undefeated for another few weeks until we play them at home. Fortunately Michigan doesn't play Michigan St until after we get two shots at them so there is a chance we get to play them undefeated at the Barn.

Duke goes down at home to Syracuse. If the don't lose between now and then, Michigan will be #1 when we play them next week.

If Virginia wins @ Duke this weekend after throttling Virginia Tech, will be tough to keep ‘Hoos out of the #1 spot.

If Virginia wins @ Duke this weekend after throttling Virginia Tech, will be tough to keep ‘Hoos out of the #1 spot.

Your right, they are already number one in the coaches poll and would have 3 top 10 wins in 10 days or so. I do think Michigan, Tennessee,Duke AND Gonzaga ar better than UVA but UVA is rapidly improving.

Top Bottom