Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 93
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Provide evidence of your dog being effective at preventing robbery at your house, Assmaster.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...best-deterrent

    https://www.rd.com/home/improvement/burglar-secrets/

    https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/cr.../277-344333696


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I have a fence, it's to keep my dog from killing my neighbor's dog.
    Kill your dog. Problem solved.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Which houses? The ones in mexico? Very few houses have the walls you describe in poor rural areas of mexico.

    The ones in the US? Sure those houses can have walls. Will they keep someone out who is motivated to get in? Absolutely not.
    It is a significant deterrent as compared to no wall at all. Is it not?
    The actual amount of person's willing and able to scale the house wall is reduced significantly. Is it not?

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Provide evidence of your dog being effective at preventing robbery at your house, Assmaster.
    I was home, someone came in my house, my dog attacked them they ran away. They are lucky my dog stopped them I was on the way to get my pistol.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Kill your dog. Problem solved.
    I need my dog to protect my house.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    It is a significant deterrent as compared to no wall at all. Is it not?
    The actual amount of person's willing and able to scale the house wall is reduced significantly. Is it not?
    Maybe a deterrent to the random meth head who is looking for an easy score but not a deterrent to someone who knows what they want and where it is (think of someone trying to come to the US).

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    It is a significant deterrent as compared to no wall at all. Is it not?
    The actual amount of person's willing and able to scale the house wall is reduced significantly. Is it not?
    In 15 years, when all the eminent domain cases are settled, I'm sure it will be of great assistance to our current national emergency.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I know you're trolling, but fences/walls around houses are both to define property lines as well as provide privacy. If anyone is harboring the delusion that a wall around their home is going to stop someone from robbing them, they are sorely mistaken.
    It will deter many, however.
    Do you think more people would walk into your garage if you left the garage door open at all times...or would the closing of your garage door deter many?

    No one is delusional enough to think all person's will be deterred. That is the straw argument thrown out to not build a wall. The reality is that many will be deterred.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Because large Mexican cartels can't make billions of dollars getting material past the walls?

    Do really think we should base federal policy on what people do at home? Why doesn't Trump just get Texas a German shepherd?

    EDIT: DARN! bottlebass made the dog joke before me. Really liked that one too.
    Is the wall being considered to stop large, sophisticated criminals from entering or is it to deter illegal immigrants from entering?
    How many homeless people would you tolerate squating on your property before you put up a fence?

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I need my dog to protect my house.
    Do you recommend a million dogs at the boarder to protect our nation?

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Maybe a deterrent to the random meth head who is looking for an easy score but not a deterrent to someone who knows what they want and where it is (think of someone trying to come to the US).
    Of course.
    Of all the illegal immigrants crossing the border, how many are highly intelligent criminals who will not be deterred?

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    It will deter many, however.
    Do you think more people would walk into your garage if you left the garage door open at all times...or would the closing of your garage door deter many?

    No one is delusional enough to think all person's will be deterred. That is the straw argument thrown out to not build a wall. The reality is that many will be deterred.
    It is a deterrent when there are other options. There's only one USA, baby!

    Also yes it might make some of the lazier people turn around and give up, but not sure if that's the majority of those seeking entry. I question the efficacy of a wall. Sure it's great posturing, but at what cost.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Do you recommend a million dogs at the boarder to protect our nation?
    I already did but I'd hope our government could afford more than a million dogs with 5 billion dollars. It is government though so they will probably over pay. Dogs would be more effective than wall.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Of course.
    Of all the illegal immigrants crossing the border, how many are highly intelligent criminals who will not be deterred?
    According to trump and the Rs they are all highly intelligent criminals.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdizzle View Post
    It is a deterrent when there are other options. There's only one USA, baby!

    Also yes it might make some of the lazier people turn around and give up, but not sure if that's the majority of those seeking entry. I question the efficacy of a wall. Sure it's great posturing, but at what cost.
    Let's be honest. The wall is a straw man used by both political parties to avoid making real and substantial policy changes to immigration law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •