Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Ever paid attention to Chicago over the past 5 years? Our nation is numb and deaf to its own problems. We just whistle and build...wait for it...gated communities...

Any of you folk actually been to Mexico and stayed in a real neighborhood...or do you all stay at the...gated spas and hotels with private beaches?
    Do you ever see the houses with walls all around them? Do you see the broken glass bottles on the tops of the walls to discourage others from coming in? Would you tell those home owners that their wall won't help...the robbers will just dig under or climb over?
    I find it odd that people living 1500 miles away think they have a clue.
    Are you a Republican Congressman whose district includes 821 miles of border and has fought strongly against the wall? I find it odd that people living 1500 miles away think they have a clue.

Any of you folk actually been to Mexico and stayed in a real neighborhood...or do you all stay at the...gated spas and hotels with private beaches?
    Do you ever see the houses with walls all around them? Do you see the broken glass bottles on the tops of the walls to discourage others from coming in? Would you tell those home owners that their wall won't help...the robbers will just dig under or climb over?
    I find it odd that people living 1500 miles away think they have a clue.
    Yes I have, have done medical mission trips to the areas South and East of Puebla multiple times (OK 2... but that is still multiple). Have also vacationed more than a dozen times now up and down each coast never staying in large resorts. Riviera Maya region is one of my favorite places in the world to visit.

Hey have you ever seen the houses in the US with walls around them and razor wire or sharp fences at the top to keep people out? Did you know the border wall doesn't wall off the whole border? Have you seen a house with a wall 75% of the way around it and asked the owner if they thought it would be 100% effective?
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Did not expect you to be advocating for more concrete. It isn't necessary.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Did not expect you to be advocating for more concrete. It isn't necessary.
    I'm not
    Who hates iowa?

Amazon smuggles drugs with drones?

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Your argument is circular...

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Are you a Republican Congressman whose district includes 821 miles of border and has fought strongly against the wall? I find it odd that people living 1500 miles away think they have a clue.
    Why do people put up fences and walls around their houses?

I have a fence, it's to keep my dog from killing my neighbor's dog.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Yes I have, have done medical mission trips to the areas South and East of Puebla multiple times (OK 2... but that is still multiple). Have also vacationed more than a dozen times now up and down each coast never staying in large resorts. Riviera Maya region is one of my favorite places in the world to visit.

Hey have you ever seen the houses in the US with walls around them and razor wire or sharp fences at the top to keep people out? Did you know the border wall doesn't wall off the whole border? Have you seen a house with a wall 75% of the way around it and asked the owner if they thought it would be 100% effective?
    Should all the houses be left wide open for anyone to walk in? Or...do you think those walls help protect the residents?

Should all the houses be left wide open for anyone to walk in? Or...do you think those walls help protect the residents?
    Which houses? The ones in mexico? Very few houses have the walls you describe in poor rural areas of mexico.

The ones in the US? Sure those houses can have walls. Will they keep someone out who is motivated to get in? Absolutely not.
    Who hates iowa?

I know you're trolling, but fences/walls around houses are both to define property lines as well as provide privacy. If anyone is harboring the delusion that a wall around their home is going to stop someone from robbing them, they are sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I know you're trolling, but fences/walls around houses are both to define property lines as well as provide privacy. If anyone is harboring the delusion that a wall around their home is going to stop someone from robbing them, they are sorely mistaken.
    Yep.

My dog has been effective at preventing my house from getting robbed. For 5 billion you could rescue alot of dogs and put them on long chains along the border. I'll tweet trump my genius idea right now.
    Who hates iowa?

Because large Mexican cartels can't make billions of dollars getting material past the walls?

Do really think we should base federal policy on what people do at home? Why doesn't Trump just get Texas a German shepherd?

EDIT: DARN! bottlebass made the dog joke before me. Really liked that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Yep.

My dog has been effective at preventing my house from getting robbed. For 5 billion you could rescue alot of dogs and put them on long chains along the border. I'll tweet trump my genius idea right now.
    Provide evidence of your dog being effective at preventing robbery at your house, Assmaster.