Dantonio Press conference?

The bottom was in 2016 with a record of 3-9 (1-8), last place in the East. They did bounce back in 2017, as I said, but then went back down to 7-6 this season. Yes, that is called inconsistency. And I simply wondered why/how that could happen, when you consider how good they were 2013-2015. Also, they were very good in 2010-2011 (22-5 overall, 1-1 in two Florida bowl games, top 15 final ranking both years), but then dropped down to 7-6 in 2012. Again, pointing to some odd inconsistency.

This has nothing to do with the Gophers.

Check the defensive staff for the team for the start to an answer......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the defensive staff for the team for the start to an answer......

All of the coordinators on the 2016 team were the same as the 2015 team.

I think that's one of the things with Dantonio ... his staff has all been there forever, and they just rotate around position coaching assignments and coordinator duties. That was actually one of the points of this thread, he is shuffling around the assignments of his staff, but isn't letting anyone go, after a mediocre 2018 season (whereas 2017 was 10 wins).

All of the coordinators on the 2016 team were the same as the 2015 team.

I think that's one of the things with Dantonio ... his staff has all been there forever, and they just rotate around position coaching assignments and coordinator duties. That was actually one of the points of this thread, he is shuffling around the assignments of his staff, but isn't letting anyone go, after a mediocre 2018 season (whereas 2017 was 10 wins).

I was off by a year, I thought that was year 1 after Narduzzi left. 2016 was year two after Narduzzi left. His defenses where the key to the success earlier in the decade. They haven’t been quite the same since he left, although off the field issues with the program AND MSU writ large have impacted them. It will be interesting to see if they can regain the same swagger and fear inducement from earlier in the decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was off by a year, I thought that was year 1 after Narduzzi left. 2016 was year two after Narduzzi left. His defenses where the key to the success earlier in the decade. They haven’t been quite the same since he left, although off the field issues with the program AND MSU writ large have impacted them. It will be interesting to see if they can regain the same swagger and fear inducement from earlier in the decade.

I'm sure that is a valid point, and has to at least be partially correct.

Granted they were still 10+ win seasons in 2015 and 2017, with co-DCs Harlon Barnett and Mike Tressel. Just that terrible 2016 season, and then this year with Mike Tressel as the lone DC (Barnett was hired as the DC for Florida St), they were mediocre.

Oh well, I think people have provided plenty of good answers. Will be interesting to see how the next couple of seasons play out for MSU!

Top Bottom