Quad 1 Power 6 True Road Wins: Gophers Have One Of The Best

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Quad 1 Power 6 True Road Wins: Gophers Have Best One In Country

Using the NCAA's NET rankings, among Power 6 programs the Gophers currently have the season's best true road win (#15 Wisconsin).

Here are the 33 Quad 1 Power 6 true road wins to date.

Quad 1 Power 6 True Road Wins
Minnesota over #15 Wisconsin
North Carolina over #17 NC State
Seton Hall over #25 Maryland
Virginia over #25 Maryland
Michigan over #28 Villanova
Kentucky over #30 Louisville
Wisconsin over #34 Iowa
Michigan State over #35 Ohio State
Syracuse over #35 Ohio State
Ohio State over #36 Cincinnati
Michigan State over #38 Florida
South Carolina over #38 Florida
North Carolina over #39 Wofford
Louisville over #44 Seton Hall
Providence over #47 Texas
Georgetown over #48 Butler
Marquette over #52 Creighton
Ohio State over #52 Creighton
Texas over #51 Kansas State
Baylor over #55 Arizona
Maryland over #56 Minnesota
Nebraska over #58 Clemson
Iowa over #60 Northwestern
Michigan over #60 Northwestern
Oklahoma over #60 Northwestern
Utah over #64 Arizona State
Iowa State over #66 Oklahoma State
Mississippi State over #67 Dayton
North Carolina over #68 Pitt
Arizona State over #70 Georgia
Ole Miss over #71 Vanderbilt
Tennessee over #72 Memphis
Tennessee over #74 Mizzou

Teams With Multiple Quad 1 True Road Wins
North Carolina (3)
Michigan (2)
Michigan State (2)
Ohio State (2)
Tennessee (2)

Quad 1 True Road Wins By Conference
Big Ten (11)
ACC (6)
SEC (6)
Big East (4)
Big XII (4)
Pac 12 (2)

Last edited:

You can't find the nation's current number 1 team anywhere on that list.

You can't find the nation's current number 1 team anywhere on that list.

When you've attained Duke's status, you have the ability to schedule virtually all of your nonconference games at home or neutral sites, while still maintaining a good strength of schedule. Wouldn't you do the same if afforded the opportunity? I would love it if the Gophers were in that position and wouldn't blame one bit for doing the same.

Duke has played one road game this year (Tuesday of this week, against Wake Forest), and Wake Forest is terrible, so of course they're not on the list. Neither are Gonzaga, Kansas, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, nor Nevada.

As for Duke not being on the list...

If you want to reach the summit, you must come to the mountain.

Gophers now have the best true road win among Power 6

Updated NET rankings put Badgers at #15, NC State drops to #17.

Let's get 1 or 2 more of these.

When you've attained Duke's status, you have the ability to schedule virtually all of your nonconference games at home or neutral sites, while still maintaining a good strength of schedule. Wouldn't you do the same if afforded the opportunity? I would love it if the Gophers were in that position and wouldn't blame one bit for doing the same.

Duke has played one road game this year (Tuesday of this week, against Wake Forest), and Wake Forest is terrible, so of course they're not on the list. Neither are Gonzaga, Kansas, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, nor Nevada.

I would not do as Duke does if afforded the opportunity because I think it's benefits a team in the long run to play a true road game or two prior to a conference slate, but to each their own.

I would not do as Duke does if afforded the opportunity because I think it's benefits a team in the long run to play a true road game or two prior to a conference slate, but to each their own.

Duke has played Kentucky, Gonzaga, Indiana, Auburn and Texas Tech prior to their conference games. I would have a hard time complaining about that schedule.

That's nice. I'm still not rooting for Wisconsin to win any game.

It's similar to what the SEC teams generally do in football. A few of them even regularly play FCS teams during the back end of their conference schedules.

It's similar to what the SEC teams generally do in football. A few of them even regularly play FCS teams during the back end of their conference schedules.

How is it similar . Duke plays a loaded non con schedule in addition to a conference schedule far more difficult than any in the Big 10.

There are no true road games in the NCAA tourney

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For the record, I’m aware the NCAA Tournament is played at neutral sites. The point of this “exercise” is to highlight true road wins vs. high-end/NCAA-quality (top 75) teams, in my opinion the single most important thing a team can stack up relative to it NCAA Tournament resume, and thus its selection/seeding.

Last edited:

For the record, I’m aware the NCAA Tournament is played at neutral sites. The point of this “exercise” is to highlight true road wins vs. high-end/NCAA-quality (top 75) teams, in my opinion the single most important thing a team can stack up for its NCAA Tournament resume, and thus its selection/seeding.

We all know that whether duke plays 0 or 5 true road games before conference starts it wont make a big difference to them. They will be ready come march no matter what. The thing i would miss as a player would be to go into some of these awesome college environments and play. As a player i would much rather play at kansas then play in kansas city. Give me at michigan state rather than detroit. As some have said, its not like duke has to play a true road game, but with their talent what's it gonna hurt? Other than Gonzaga, they have won all their nuetral site games by double digits including kentucky by 30. If they lose one in a true road game whats their seed possibly gonna drop too? They will drop to a 2 rather than a 1? lol

Top Bottom