Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9-23

Default 9-23

I donít think Iíve ever seen a team shoot that poorly from the line

That was RUFF. Maryland played a great game, but itís really disappointing to lose at home and shoot so poorly at the line.

Forget Hack-a-Happ, I'm worried teams will start playing Hack-a-Gopher.

This is why the NIT isn't a given.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    This is why the NIT isn't a given.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

One bad half and we’re back into sky is falling mode? Cool. Maryland’s 24-27 from the line was unnaturally good, and our FT shooting isn’t good but won’t be this bad most games. Difficulty scoring against the zone is probably a bigger concern than free throw shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    One bad half and we’re back into sky is falling mode? Cool. Maryland’s 24-27 from the line was unnaturally good, and our FT shooting isn’t good but won’t be this bad most games. Difficulty scoring against the zone is probably a bigger concern than free throw shooting.
    you've been on gopherhole long enough to know that's how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by brucekaupa View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team shoot that poorly from the line
    So you didn't see the Gopher-badger game?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    So you didn't see the Gopher-badger game?
    Badger last Thursday: 7-17 for 41.2%
    Gophers last night: 9-23 for 39.1%

So, no...I donít think Iíve ever seen a team shoot that poorly from the line.

Blog Entries

I remember a Memphis Tigers team that made a Nat. Champ. run a bunch of years ago that shot horrendously every game from the stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    The team is shooting 65% for the year. That is awful. Last night was worse than awful. It is a running theme of the season so far.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

65% for the year!! ouch! this team has to figure that out. heck even the Badgers game down the stretch they missed 3 straight front ends of a 1 & 1. You cannot do that!

Blog Entries

here is the article on Memphis. They shot .614 for the year

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...?noredirect=on

I was very deflated to hear Pitino's answer to the question about the FT shooting: that he didn't want to emphasize it to the players too much and make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Then he goes and blames the loss on it. Am I the only one who sees a cognitive dissonance there?

I understand that a coach doesn't want to hammer on something too much, which can make players tight. That said, the best coaches attack problems head on and have a way of emphasizing something in a way that's productive. I don't know how you overcome this problem without making it an A-priority point of emphasis.

High priority or low priority, I'd like to know what the coaching staff is doing to fix this. Are they just pointing to the gym and telling the players to shoot a bunch of free throws until they're better? There are ways to coach this type of thing up, but that's not it.