Default Jerry Jones buys $250MM yacht, he only paid $100MM for the Cowboys

per USA Today:

Per Yachtharbour.com: It cost $250 million (as many folks pointed out, thatís $100 million more than the price he paid for the Cowboys). Itís 109 meters long, which is over 357 feet (longer than a football field). And itís named after his wife, Gene.

Oceano, the makers of the superyacht, have more details to share:

The sleek and sporty yacht also offers many special features, including a heli-landing platform, on both the foredeck and the aft deck, a large tender garage and dedicated equipment stowage, providing plenty of space for a large selection of water toys. She also has a large spa that includes a sauna, steam room, massage room, plunge pool and rain shower. Also, on the lower deck are a complete gym and a generous and luxurious Beach Club.

The interior is a sophisticated elegant contemporary design that features light maple wood and white pearl lacquer with contrasting accents of walnut and ebony. ďWe worked very closely with the Owner to find the perfect artisans and craftsmen in creating bespoke artworks, fabrics and signature furniture pieces that reflect the Ownerís style and essence and combine to create a warm, inviting environment for all on board, ď says Pascale Reymond, partner in Reymond Langton Design.

Thatís right: TWO helipads!

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/dal...source=twitter

Go Gophers!!

That's sick. Not in the good way.

I wonder how much it costs just to maintain and staff it.

I don't understand super yachts. I can see renting a yacht for a week or two. Buying one? Just pissing away money and would you really spend much time on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I don't understand super yachts. I can see renting a yacht for a week or two. Buying one? Just pissing away money and would you really spend much time on it?
    The type of people that buy super yachts don't care about pissing away money.... but I agree with you. Unless you were going to live on it why not just rent one?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    The type of people that buy super yachts don't care about pissing away money.... but I agree with you. Unless you were going to live on it why not just rent one?
    Is there a chance it is a moneymaker? Is it rented out for parties, etc? (No idea.)

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Is there a chance it is a moneymaker? Is it rented out for parties, etc? (No idea.)
    Could be I guess. Would have to rent it out a lot to offset the costs of maintaining, staffing, and docking it.

I need to find out where he got that and if mentioning his name would help me get a good number on a slightly smaller one...
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

As we say in Latin America "Ta barato, dame dos" (That's cheap, gimme two).

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    If you are going to spend $250M on a yacht, you aren't renting it to strangers.

Blog Entries

Trump's tax cut at work stimulating the economy....

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Trump's tax cut at work stimulating the economy....

I went on a tour of their new stadium about 5-6 years ago when we were there for work. I don't know if this is really true or not but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The lady giving the tour said all the steel in the stadium is from China just because Jones didn't want to get it from Pittsburgh.