Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGopher12 View Post
    According to TCU's 247 board, Hurts will be visiting Maryland this weekend. He will be enrolled in whichever school he chooses by the end of next week. TCU is working diligently to get him on campus.

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Bo...rts-127631637/
    Dang. That makes our game with them that much harder.

Glad to see that the BAGgers don't appear to be in the mix to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I don't think Justin Fields is transferring because of this, but he definitely could prove it.

I believe another student took video of a drunken "fan" at the game. That fan admitted to it, and was then kicked off the baseball team (he was a UGA baseball player).

So yeah, he could definitely prove it. It happened.

Do I think this has WAY more to do with Frohm than anything some drunk idiot said in the stands? Absolutely.
    Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. I’m not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports I’ve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, it’s not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and haven’t yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

This incident, Tate, Shea, etc unfortunately confirm some of the stereotypes of Gen Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Glad to see that the BAGgers don't appear to be in the mix to get him.
    But a team on our schedule next year does appear to be in the mix. A team in which the game could go either way. Thats not much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. I’m not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports I’ve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, it’s not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and haven’t yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

This incident, Tate, Shea, etc unfortunately confirm some of the stereotypes of Gen Z.
    Thats very interesting and damning for Field's case. I don't think that will matter but it should sink any chance Field's has to get a waiver.

I was reading a TCU forum and found this

"I texted him earlier, I’ll let you know when he responds"

"Considering 3 possibly 4 teams. One intrigues him but the climate is a concern. He has talked to all but is torn. Will announce as soon as he and his family feel comfortable with one. He really isn’t sure when that will be."

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index....218013/page-11

I wonder if Maryland is the team with climate concerns?

Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. Iím not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports Iíve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, itís not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and havenít yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

I don't disagree with anything you're seeing, I was merely responding to the question "I suppose that depends on whether or not he was subject to racism. . . ".

He clearly was, regardless of whether he heard it or not. He certainly heard about it and therefore was subject to racism at the University of Georgia.

I also agree with you that Georgia did everything right by Fields and that this entire thing is simply an excuse to get around sitting out a season. If Frohm broke his arm, Fields would not be transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    How can you prove whether or not someone called him the N word in October?
    I hope that you don't think that's the only way in which one can experience racism...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshawesome View Post
    I hope that you don't think that's the only way in which one can experience racism...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Obviously not. I browsed online for like thirty seconds and read that was what the incident was. I'm assuming you have to prove some kind of descrimination to get the ncaa to approve the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you're seeing, I was merely responding to the question "I suppose that depends on whether or not he was subject to racism. . . ".

He clearly was, regardless of whether he heard it or not. He certainly heard about it and therefore was subject to racism at the University of Georgia.

I also agree with you that Georgia did everything right by Fields and that this entire thing is simply an excuse to get around sitting out a season. If Frohm broke his arm, Fields would not be transferring.
    I don’t think anyone can totally escape racism, so I legitimately don’t understand the argument for Fields being eligible immediately at Ohio State. Someone needs to spell it out for me.

Bummer

I donít think anyone can totally escape racism, so I legitimately donít understand the argument for Fields being eligible immediately at Ohio State. Someone needs to spell it out for me.
    I think it basically comes down to the NCAA doesn't have the will to fight it even if they think it's a fake claim.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I think it basically comes down to the NCAA doesn't have the will to fight it even if they think it's a fake claim.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
    I keep reading this but still don’t understand the narrative. What possible negativity would come from telling Fields “no”? Virtually 100% of the people discussing this admit Fields claim of trauma is bonafide bull****. Is the worry the largely ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere will descend on Indianapolis? And say what, exactly? Fields has no argument, or reason to leave UGA.

14. Default

I keep reading this but still donít understand the narrative. What possible negativity would come from telling Fields ďnoĒ? Virtually 100% of the people discussing this admit Fields claim of trauma is bonafide bull****. Is the worry the largely ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere will descend on Indianapolis? And say what, exactly? Fields has no argument, or reason to leave UGA.
    Because we live in such a politically charged/politically correct world that the NCAA will worry about an insensitivity backlash. If they do grant the waiver, which I believe they will, they'll make some changes after the fact to prevent such a move going forward. My two cents.

Blog Entries

Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. Iím not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports Iíve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, itís not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and havenít yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

It's Athens, Ga. The school has a serious headwind regarding atmosphere. I understand that the school itself may have done all it could, but Athens? Students? Fans? I can understand why he wouldn't want to stay. Yes I know that I strayed from the point...

Carry-on.