Jalen Hurts a Free Agent

Glad to see that the BAGgers don't appear to be in the mix to get him.

I don't think Justin Fields is transferring because of this, but he definitely could prove it.

I believe another student took video of a drunken "fan" at the game. That fan admitted to it, and was then kicked off the baseball team (he was a UGA baseball player).

So yeah, he could definitely prove it. It happened.

Do I think this has WAY more to do with Frohm than anything some drunk idiot said in the stands? Absolutely.

Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. I’m not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports I’ve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, it’s not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and haven’t yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

This incident, Tate, Shea, etc unfortunately confirm some of the stereotypes of Gen Z.

Fields clearly has a right to be upset with Adam Sasser, the baseball player. I’m not so sure he has a case that the school itself has provided a harmful atmosphere. Sasser was released from his scholarship immediately and from the reports I’ve seen the school is either in the process of expulsion or already did so. Obviously nobody should have to endure racial epithets but the offender is apparently gone. It would be different if the school took no action.

Also, it’s not clear the epithet was spoken directly to him. It was a (likely drunk) idiot in the stands at the stadium. Perhaps Fields heard it, perhaps not. It seems like he was made made aware of it after the fact.

Thirdly, the Fields family will place his sister on the UGA softball team this academic year and haven’t yet rescinded that (to my knowledge and the incident was months ago). Obviously if the older brother feels unsafe and threatened no father would subject also subject his daughter to that.

This incident, Tate, Shea, etc unfortunately confirm some of the stereotypes of Gen Z.

Thats very interesting and damning for Field's case. I don't think that will matter but it should sink any chance Field's has to get a waiver.

I was reading a TCU forum and found this

"I texted him earlier, I’ll let you know when he responds"

"Considering 3 possibly 4 teams. One intrigues him but the climate is a concern. He has talked to all but is torn. Will announce as soon as he and his family feel comfortable with one. He really isn’t sure when that will be."

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index...ould-be-“perfect-landing-spot”.218013/page-11

I wonder if Maryland is the team with climate concerns?

I don't disagree with anything you're seeing, I was merely responding to the question "I suppose that depends on whether or not he was subject to racism. . . ".

He clearly was, regardless of whether he heard it or not. He certainly heard about it and therefore was subject to racism at the University of Georgia.

I also agree with you that Georgia did everything right by Fields and that this entire thing is simply an excuse to get around sitting out a season. If Frohm broke his arm, Fields would not be transferring.

I hope that you don't think that's the only way in which one can experience racism...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Obviously not. I browsed online for like thirty seconds and read that was what the incident was. I'm assuming you have to prove some kind of descrimination to get the ncaa to approve the transfer.

I don't disagree with anything you're seeing, I was merely responding to the question "I suppose that depends on whether or not he was subject to racism. . . ".

He clearly was, regardless of whether he heard it or not. He certainly heard about it and therefore was subject to racism at the University of Georgia.

I also agree with you that Georgia did everything right by Fields and that this entire thing is simply an excuse to get around sitting out a season. If Frohm broke his arm, Fields would not be transferring.

I don’t think anyone can totally escape racism, so I legitimately don’t understand the argument for Fields being eligible immediately at Ohio State. Someone needs to spell it out for me.

I don’t think anyone can totally escape racism, so I legitimately don’t understand the argument for Fields being eligible immediately at Ohio State. Someone needs to spell it out for me.
I think it basically comes down to the NCAA doesn't have the will to fight it even if they think it's a fake claim.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I think it basically comes down to the NCAA doesn't have the will to fight it even if they think it's a fake claim.

I keep reading this but still don’t understand the narrative. What possible negativity would come from telling Fields “no”? Virtually 100% of the people discussing this admit Fields claim of trauma is bonafide bull****. Is the worry the largely ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere will descend on Indianapolis? And say what, exactly? Fields has no argument, or reason to leave UGA.

I keep reading this but still don’t understand the narrative. What possible negativity would come from telling Fields “no”? Virtually 100% of the people discussing this admit Fields claim of trauma is bonafide bull****. Is the worry the largely ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere will descend on Indianapolis? And say what, exactly? Fields has no argument, or reason to leave UGA.

Because we live in such a politically charged/politically correct world that the NCAA will worry about an insensitivity backlash. If they do grant the waiver, which I believe they will, they'll make some changes after the fact to prevent such a move going forward. My two cents.

It's Athens, Ga. The school has a serious headwind regarding atmosphere. I understand that the school itself may have done all it could, but Athens? Students? Fans? I can understand why he wouldn't want to stay. Yes I know that I strayed from the point...

Carry-on.

Hurts visiting Miami on Sunday. His former QB coach at Alabama was named OC there.

It's Athens, Ga. The school has a serious headwind regarding atmosphere. I understand that the school itself may have done all it could, but Athens? Students? Fans? I can understand why he wouldn't want to stay. Yes I know that I strayed from the point...

Carry-on.

I genuinely don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to say. Are you suggesting a prejudicial racist climate exists in regard to the atmosphere to the city, students, fans? What could protect Fields or others from these attitudes. I’m not arguing their existence, I’m asking for a solution. Let’s take this all the way to the natural conclusion- but I want you to say it.

I genuinely don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to say. Are you suggesting a prejudicial racist climate exists in regard to the atmosphere to the city, students, fans? What could protect Fields or others from these attitudes. I’m not arguing their existence, I’m asking for a solution. Let’s take this all the way to the natural conclusion- but I want you to say it.

To answer your question, All of the above. Regarding a solution, let's sit down and solve this. ;-)

I'll just go right to it. IMHO He'd be most likely be treated better in Columbus than Athens. I've already acknowledged that the school did all it could do. Personally I can't blame the player in question for doing any and everything he can to get out. If one can't fix the atmosphere, can leave and find somewhere they can flourish. Or he could take the cowardly route by staying and becoming a team cancer. I'd think that even the coach would prefer that he leave if he truly isn't happy, and can't deal with the situation.

To answer your question, All of the above. Regarding a solution, let's sit down and solve this. ;-)

I'll just go right to it. IMHO He'd be most likely be treated better in Columbus than Athens. I've already acknowledged that the school did all it could do. Personally I can't blame the player in question for doing any and everything he can to get out. If one can't fix the atmosphere, can leave and find somewhere they can flourish. Or he could take the cowardly route by staying and becoming a team cancer. I'd think that even the coach would prefer that he leave if he truly isn't happy, and can't deal with the situation.
I don't think everyone is saying he has to stay there, but getting immediate eligibility elsewhere is the question.

Whoa! I thought for a second somebody got hurt - LOL!

This can’t be a serious post. If he truly feels he deserves immediate eligibility a pox on his house. I’ll argue for it anyway as I’m tired of the poor attitude.

Hurts should go to Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I think you underestimate the influence ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere have in our society.

This can’t be a serious post. If he truly feels he deserves immediate eligibility a pox on his house. I’ll argue for it anyway as I’m tired of the poor attitude.

Why would you blame a person for wanting immediate eligibility? Of course he is going to want immediate eligibility.

Does he "deserve" it? I guess that depends on your definition of deserve.

Your "pox" should be saved for the NCAA if they grant him immediate eligibility, not Fields. Of course he is going to go for it.

Because he’s lying/being disingenuous about the reason. He made a bad decision on his commitment. He wants special treatment. It’s no more complicated than that

Because he’s lying/being disingenuous about the reason. He made a bad decision on his commitment. He wants special treatment. It’s no more complicated than that

Well, yeah, it's not complicated at all. You're certainly not the only one who sees exactly what's going on here. Most of the people looking to transfer early made a bad decision on their commitment and want a waiver (i.e. special treatment).
This is an incredibly common practice (players seeking a waiver for immediate eligibility) and I don't think I've ever seen anyone so vehemently blame the player.

Do you take this puritanical stance on "honesty" with all things in the NCAA? Coaches recruiting? Coaches taking other jobs after recruiting players?

Yes, and I’ve stated it before. Plenty of players are stuck under the current rules. Making up charges of racism isn’t ok.

Yes, and I’ve stated it before. Plenty of players are stuck under the current rules. Making up charges of racism isn’t ok.

He didn't make up the charge. He is exaggerating how much that ACTUAL racism has impacted him. He didn't make up a thing.

So awesome, I'm excited to see you vehemently attack any other dishonesty in college football you sniff out.

Top Bottom