Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hurts visiting Miami on Sunday. His former QB coach at Alabama was named OC there.

Quote Originally Posted by STPGopher View Post
    It's Athens, Ga. The school has a serious headwind regarding atmosphere. I understand that the school itself may have done all it could, but Athens? Students? Fans? I can understand why he wouldn't want to stay. Yes I know that I strayed from the point...

Carry-on.
    I genuinely don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to say. Are you suggesting a prejudicial racist climate exists in regard to the atmosphere to the city, students, fans? What could protect Fields or others from these attitudes. I’m not arguing their existence, I’m asking for a solution. Let’s take this all the way to the natural conclusion- but I want you to say it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I genuinely don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to say. Are you suggesting a prejudicial racist climate exists in regard to the atmosphere to the city, students, fans? What could protect Fields or others from these attitudes. I’m not arguing their existence, I’m asking for a solution. Let’s take this all the way to the natural conclusion- but I want you to say it.

To answer your question, All of the above. Regarding a solution, let's sit down and solve this. ;-)

I'll just go right to it. IMHO He'd be most likely be treated better in Columbus than Athens. I've already acknowledged that the school did all it could do. Personally I can't blame the player in question for doing any and everything he can to get out. If one can't fix the atmosphere, can leave and find somewhere they can flourish. Or he could take the cowardly route by staying and becoming a team cancer. I'd think that even the coach would prefer that he leave if he truly isn't happy, and can't deal with the situation.

To answer your question, All of the above. Regarding a solution, let's sit down and solve this. ;-)

I'll just go right to it. IMHO He'd be most likely be treated better in Columbus than Athens. I've already acknowledged that the school did all it could do. Personally I can't blame the player in question for doing any and everything he can to get out. If one can't fix the atmosphere, can leave and find somewhere they can flourish. Or he could take the cowardly route by staying and becoming a team cancer. I'd think that even the coach would prefer that he leave if he truly isn't happy, and can't deal with the situation.
    I don't think everyone is saying he has to stay there, but getting immediate eligibility elsewhere is the question.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Whoa! I thought for a second somebody got hurt - LOL!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

This can’t be a serious post. If he truly feels he deserves immediate eligibility a pox on his house. I’ll argue for it anyway as I’m tired of the poor attitude.

Hurts should go to Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

I keep reading this but still don’t understand the narrative. What possible negativity would come from telling Fields “no”? Virtually 100% of the people discussing this admit Fields claim of trauma is bonafide bull****. Is the worry the largely ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere will descend on Indianapolis? And say what, exactly? Fields has no argument, or reason to leave UGA.
    Sadly I think you underestimate the influence ignorant screech owls in the twittersphere have in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Hurts should go to Penn State.

Wimbush is rumored to be going to PSU.

Last edited by die hard gopher; 01-14-2019 at 10:57 AM.

This can’t be a serious post. If he truly feels he deserves immediate eligibility a pox on his house. I’ll argue for it anyway as I’m tired of the poor attitude.
    Why would you blame a person for wanting immediate eligibility? Of course he is going to want immediate eligibility.

Does he "deserve" it? I guess that depends on your definition of deserve.

Your "pox" should be saved for the NCAA if they grant him immediate eligibility, not Fields. Of course he is going to go for it.

Because he’s lying/being disingenuous about the reason. He made a bad decision on his commitment. He wants special treatment. It’s no more complicated than that

Because he’s lying/being disingenuous about the reason. He made a bad decision on his commitment. He wants special treatment. It’s no more complicated than that
    Well, yeah, it's not complicated at all. You're certainly not the only one who sees exactly what's going on here. Most of the people looking to transfer early made a bad decision on their commitment and want a waiver (i.e. special treatment).
    This is an incredibly common practice (players seeking a waiver for immediate eligibility) and I don't think I've ever seen anyone so vehemently blame the player.

Do you take this puritanical stance on "honesty" with all things in the NCAA? Coaches recruiting? Coaches taking other jobs after recruiting players?

Yes, and I’ve stated it before. Plenty of players are stuck under the current rules. Making up charges of racism isn’t ok.

Blog Entries

Yes, and I’ve stated it before. Plenty of players are stuck under the current rules. Making up charges of racism isn’t ok.
    ^ +1
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

He didn't make up the charge. He is exaggerating how much that ACTUAL racism has impacted him. He didn't make up a thing.

So awesome, I'm excited to see you vehemently attack any other dishonesty in college football you sniff out.