Jalen Hurts a Free Agent

fmlizard

Reaction score
Supposedly he's in the NCAA transfer portal. Go get him PJ!

I'm not a Hurts fan. I'd much rather have had Jackson...

IMO, Hurts is the much better college QB.

He runs and throws well and he makes very few mistakes. He probably doesn't have the huge arm like Jackson, but he is a pretty ideal fit for our offense.

We won't get him, but still.

Oklahoma and Miami seem like the most likely to me. I would love it if he went to Auburn (their QB is gone).

Any chance he goes to Maryland? Locksey?

Since it won't be us for the love of God just not uw. Guess he's immediately eligible.

Last edited:

He’s going to end up at Maryland with Locksley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very possible. Big Ten East getting sick QBs.

I'm not a Hurts fan. I'd much rather have had Jackson...

For real?

Tyree Jackson
31 games as a starter (17-14)
Career stats:
533 of 955 passing
55.8% completion
6,999 passing yards
49 passing touchdowns
24 interceptions
129.3 QB rating
757 rushing yards
16 rushing touchdowns

Jalen Hurts
28 games as starter (26-2)
Career stats:
445 of 706 passing
63.0% completion
5,626 passing yards
48 passing touchdowns
12 interceptions
149.0 QB rating
1,976 rushing yards
23 rushing touchdowns

So Hurts is more accurate, better protector of football, and better runner. Against better competition.

For real?

Tyree Jackson
Career stats:
533 of 955 passing
55.8% completion
6,999 passing yards
49 passing touchdowns
24 interceptions
129.3 QB rating
757 rushing yards
16 rushing touchdowns

Jalen Hurts
Career stats:
445 of 706 passing
63.0% completion
5,626 passing yards
48 passing touchdowns
12 interceptions
149.0 QB rating
1,976 rushing yards
23 rushing touchdowns

So Hurts is more accurate, better protector of football, and better runner. Against better competition.
Devil's advocate: Hurts had a MUCH better supporting cast. I could throw a lot more completions to Alabama's receivers than Buffalo's.

Devil's advocate: Hurts had a MUCH better supporting cast. I could throw a lot more completions to Alabama's receivers than Buffalo's.

Devil's Devil's Advocate: Average Joe Quarterback would throw for huge numbers vs MAC defenses.

Not interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm betting he'll end up at TCU. He gets back to Texas and they are in desperate need of a QB. Their OLine is not good so he'll end up doing a lot of scrambling which is a strength for him.

For real?

Tyree Jackson
Career stats:
533 of 955 passing
55.8% completion
6,999 passing yards
49 passing touchdowns
24 interceptions
129.3 QB rating
757 rushing yards
16 rushing touchdowns

Jalen Hurts
Career stats:
445 of 706 passing
63.0% completion
5,626 passing yards
48 passing touchdowns
12 interceptions
149.0 QB rating
1,976 rushing yards
23 rushing touchdowns

Those are funny stats. You forgot the part where Hurts was leading a jr NFL team and Jackson was leading a MAC team.

Those are funny stats. You forgot the part where Hurts was leading a jr NFL team and Jackson was leading a MAC team.

In all fairness, Hurts was predominantly playing against other SEC and P5 defenses while Jackson was predominantly playing against MAC and G5 defenses. Hurts is the superior college QB by all accounts.

Is Hurts also claiming racism hardship to earn a waiver to play next year like Justin Fields?

I'd rather have Trevor Lawrence.

He does look good, but he is no Tanner Morgan.

Hurts likely headed to Maryland.

Thats all just speculation at this point, not based on actual sources close to Hurts or Maryland.

The only actual rumor i've seen so far is that TCU is pursuing him.

Last edited:

I suppose that would depend on whether or not he was subject to racism...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't think Justin Fields is transferring because of this, but he definitely could prove it.

I believe another student took video of a drunken "fan" at the game. That fan admitted to it, and was then kicked off the baseball team (he was a UGA baseball player).

So yeah, he could definitely prove it. It happened.

Do I think this has WAY more to do with Frohm than anything some drunk idiot said in the stands? Absolutely.

In all fairness, Hurts was predominantly playing against other SEC and P5 defenses while Jackson was predominantly playing against MAC and G5 defenses. Hurts is the superior college QB by all accounts.

Yeah I think for the most part it evens out. Hurts played with better players but against better competition too.

I've never seen Jackson play, but I've seen enough of Hurts to know he's really good.

I don't think Justin Fields is transferring because of this, but he definitely could prove it.

I believe another student took video of a drunken "fan" at the game. That fan admitted to it, and was then kicked off the baseball team (he was a UGA baseball player).

So yeah, he could definitely prove it. It happened.

Do I think this has WAY more to do with Frohm than anything some drunk idiot said in the stands? Absolutely.

Couldn't agree more. When life gives you lemons, make some lemonade. Fields is taking full advantage of the NCAA loophole regarding transferring.

Top Bottom