Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

From Fresno 247:

For Fresno State Head Coach Jeff Tedford to achieve double digits wins for the third time in three seasons, the Bulldogs will need to replace a class of 28 seniors and two juniors leaving to the NFL. On offense, the 'Dogs return only three starters: running back Ronnie Rivers, tight end Jared Rice and tackle Syrus Tuitele.

The 'Dogs return six starters on defense: defensive linemen Mykal Walker, Kwami Jones, Jasad Haynes and Kevin Atkins, along with defensive backs JuJu Hughes and Jaron Bryant. Defensive tackle Keiti Iakopo also returns after starting the final three games.

Will this be year 2 of us talking like age (seniors) trumps talent? I was hoping for a new theme this year.

We won a game we should have won last year and will play a game we should win this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    From Fresno 247:

For Fresno State Head Coach Jeff Tedford to achieve double digits wins for the third time in three seasons, the Bulldogs will need to replace a class of 28 seniors and two juniors leaving to the NFL. On offense, the 'Dogs return only three starters: running back Ronnie Rivers, tight end Jared Rice and tackle Syrus Tuitele.

The 'Dogs return six starters on defense: defensive linemen Mykal Walker, Kwami Jones, Jasad Haynes and Kevin Atkins, along with defensive backs JuJu Hughes and Jaron Bryant. Defensive tackle Keiti Iakopo also returns after starting the final three games.
    Yeah Fresno loses a TON, I think we win much more comfortably this year despite being on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    Yeah Fresno loses a TON, I think we win much more comfortably this year despite being on the road.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia Southern gives us more trouble.

Why?

I feel much better about playing GS now after watching us play with such discipline against GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/g66l-...l-team-ha.html

rutgers beat guy takes a look at 2019 slates:

"Thoughts: The non-conference slate is tougher than you think. But the Golden Gophers are set to keep rising with a favorable crossover slate that avoids Michigan and Ohio State."

I like that we get Fresno State after we open on a Thursday at home vs an FCS team and they open on the road vs USC on a Saturday. They will go all out to knock off USC, will have to show a lot on film. If they win, possible emotional let down vs us...we get a chance to beat a ranked team. We have to travel, but get two extra days than FSU to recover, prepare.

Wisconsin went out there in 2008 ranked #10 and took on FSU ranked #21...Badgers eked out a 13-10 win (Badgers ended up 7-6, was year Brew almost beat them in Madison)...42,000 in Bulldog Stadium for Bucky game...if they beat USC and Gophers travel as I expect (from here and from surrounding region), could be a similar sized crowd...announced attendance at TCF for FSU game was 38,000
    I highly doubt that Fresno St. will be ranked regardless of how they fare against USC. (I expect that they will get trounced by USC, making it a moot point anyway.)

Fresno St will have our game circled on our schedule.

Vengeance
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Why?
    They have an all american CB, their QB is talented and is a great scrambler. They return a lot of players. They run a unique offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Catechol View Post
    Having just won the West and with several starters held out for injury, Northwestern was playing about as basic and conservative as could be. The game was not in the Gophers’ control really at any point. It was actually fairly similar the the 2016 game you cite, just the opposite outcome. NU gave up yards due to second string prevent defense, but as you wrote, anytime they really needed a stop they got it. That said, Northwestern is rarely ever going to just destroy B1G opponents because they can only access a fraction of the recruiting pool as anyone else in the B1G.
    Blah, blah, blah.... sure, the NU RS Sr QB had more success moving the ball than the Gophers' freshman QB. Incredible observation.