Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pitino sent Michael Hurt a text saying he was wrong for not playing him more vs MD

Go Gophers!!

Hurt seems like a good kid. When he plays well and with confidence he gives some valuable minutes.

I thought his role was solely to recruit his brother? Guess this won’t help matters.

Things that make you say hmmmm.
    Who was this text supposed to communicate with?

Pitino's text has "pacify mommy and daddy Hurt" written all over it.
    Your kid gets recruited to play and then you don't see your kid play. It can grind on parents who want to see their kid play, regardless of victory. It can be even more frustrating if the team loses and your kid didn't contribute. "If only my kid had played..."
    Do not under estimate the power of parental gossip... especially when they have another kid you're recruiting...

Quote Originally Posted by saintpauljeff View Post
    I thought his role was solely to recruit his brother
    You thought wrong.

Hurt plays much better when IW is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    I know coach knows much better then do I, but I believe we need that we need IW in the game a lot more. Hurt is constantly moving and making himself available, but it is not just him. The only other player that we have that can anything like IW, is Carr. Last time I checked he can't play this year.

IW's body language may have been poor from time to time, but this is because of his self-expectations. I just want to see him play 30 minutes in a game and see if that body language won't improve.

Look what the little guard from Maryland did to us Tuesday night by penetrating.

You might be right. Washington seems the most willing to dish to lesser players for easier shots. Stockman and Omersa have also been the beneficiaries of Washington passes. I remember during last year that Washington seemed to be one of the more willing perimeter players to throw the ball inside to Bakary as well.

He gets in position inside and passes the ball out to the perimeter after getting the ball in the post better than anyone else, he might have made a big difference in the second half against Maryland.

was talking to a coach the other day - he suggested that the perfect coaching job would be at an orphanage. No parents to deal with.

Blog Entries

the entire presser

Embed Video

Good grief. Yeah, everyone plays better with IW...

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    Good grief. Yeah, everyone plays better with IW...
    Including the opposition...

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    the entire presser

Embed Video

Thanks for posting this. Interesting how he talked about he was disappointed how the missed free throws zapped the teams' energy and how they have to be tougher than that. Also how he didnt approve of 3 of Isaiah's shots that came without making a pass first - led to fast breaks the other way.