I hate to be that guy... but...

The key in this video -- and to offense against any zone defense -- is attacking the seams in the zone. You must make multiple defenders commit to play the ball, not just stand and let them play straight up. IW attacks the seam, draws the defense to him, and is able to dish to the open teammate -- in this case Murphy. But also he has Gabe and Amir open on the wings because he has drawn the defenders. Now if we had shooters capable of knocking down 3s, that's great. Otherwise, they can step in on the wings for a 15-18 ft jumper (depends on your personnel). In many cases you can flash a guy from baseline to the open middle to get a pass from the opposite wing, producing a mid lane jumper. Create openings by passing the ball against a zone, not dribbling.

Now, if we look at the correlation coefficient of minutes played by Isaiah Washington versus points scored since the start of B1G play, that figure turns out to be 0.73.

Against high major teams:

Nov 12 - Utah (home) - W 78-69 - IW 16 mins
Nov 18 - Texas A&M (Vancouver) - W 69-64 - IW 19 mins
Nov 21 - Washington (Vancouver) - W 68-66 - IW 21 mins
Nov 26 - Boston Coll (away) - L 56-68 - IW 19 mins
Nov 30 - Okla State (US bank) - W 83-76 - IW 20 mins
Dec 2 - Ohio St (away) - L 59-79 - IW 23 mins
Dec 5 - Nebraska (home) - W 85-78 - IW 11 mins
Jan 3 - Wisconsin (away) - W 59-52 - IW 0 mins
Jan 8 - Maryland (home) - L 67 - 82 - IW 17 mins

My guess is that you're including the games between Nebraska and Wisconsin, and perhaps threw out the Wisconsin game? The overall data points above, to me, don't seem to support your hypothesis.

Against high major teams:

Nov 12 - Utah (home) - W 78-69 - IW 16 mins
Nov 18 - Texas A&M (Vancouver) - W 69-64 - IW 19 mins
Nov 21 - Washington (Vancouver) - W 68-66 - IW 21 mins
Nov 26 - Boston Coll (away) - L 56-68 - IW 19 mins
Nov 30 - Okla State (US bank) - W 83-76 - IW 20 mins
Dec 2 - Ohio St (away) - L 59-79 - IW 23 mins
Dec 5 - Nebraska (home) - W 85-78 - IW 11 mins
Jan 3 - Wisconsin (away) - W 59-52 - IW 0 mins
Jan 8 - Maryland (home) - L 67 - 82 - IW 17 mins

My guess is that you're including the games between Nebraska and Wisconsin, and perhaps threw out the Wisconsin game? The overall data points above, to me, don't seem to support your hypothesis.

Yeah. See my post above with all the data. Something is off. Touchdown was admittedly hitting the sauce yesterday at work though, so I’ll forgive him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another datapoint gained against P5 teams:

Jan 12 - Rutgers (home) - W 88-70 - IW 14 mins

Looks a lot like the Nebraska datapoint.

Top Bottom