Souhan: Jordan Murphy, Gophers go against the flow in home loss to Terrapins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

Perhaps the key stat of the game for Murphy: He took only six shots for the second consecutive game. The Gophers need to squash that trend.

“I’ve just got to find it in the flow of the offense,” Murphy said. “I’ve had a few stretches in games where I’m not taking enough shots, where I’m not being aggressive enough in the flow of the offense. I’ve got to regroup a little bit.”

The Gophers play Rutgers, Illinois and Penn State in the next three games. With a productive Murphy, they could be 15-3 and 5-2 in the Big Ten when they play at No. 2 Michigan on Jan. 22.

Given the quality of the Big Ten, the Gophers will have to beat a number of good teams to make it to the tournament. They’ll need Murphy at his best to do that.

http://www.startribune.com/jordan-m...the-flow-in-home-loss-to-terrapins/504089112/

Go Gophers!!

Jordan is starting to get the Reggie Lynch-type stupid fouls where there's no chance of getting the ball but you reach up and over or in for it anyway out of frustration. That needs to stop.

He kept the fouls under control in the 2nd half, but the fact that he had 3 by halftime clearly impacted his defensive aggressiveness in the 2nd half.

Jordan is starting to get the Reggie Lynch-type stupid fouls where there's no chance of getting the ball but you reach up and over or in for it anyway out of frustration. That needs to stop.

He kept the fouls under control in the 2nd half, but the fact that he had 3 by halftime clearly impacted his defensive aggressiveness in the 2nd half.

+100

This is nothing new for Jordan, would've hoped by his senior year he could've figured out the importance to his team of him being on the floor.

This is nothing new for Jordan, would've hoped by his senior year he could've figured out the importance to his team of him being on the floor.
Murphy's fouls have never approached the cluelessness of Lynch's worst (unless you want to count the ones Murph didnt actually commit). Lynch had a way of ineffectively swatting at people he didnt have a prayer of stopping.

Top Bottom