Fields vs Tate: These Are The Days of Our Buckeyes

Well, a talented, immature man-child transfer recently won the Heisman and is now the starting QB in Cleveland so sometimes these things work out. Other times you end up in rehab after a bender in Las Vegas.

Agreed. We should do a Gopherhole Vegas trip.

Todd Marinovich II waiting to happen...

I recently watched that show QB1 where he was featured.
He seemed like a 100% anti-leader.

Talented, yes, but seems like a Ryan Leaf from an emotional intelligence perspective.[/QUOTE

Watch the new season as well, Fields is featured. He comes off as an anti-leader as well.

I recently watched that show QB1 where he was featured.
He seemed like a 100% anti-leader.

Talented, yes, but seems like a Ryan Leaf from an emotional intelligence perspective.[/QUOTE

Watch the new season as well, Fields is featured. He comes off as an anti-leader as well.

It's like they are acting like high school student or something on that show.

Well, a talented, immature man-child transfer recently won the Heisman and is now the starting QB in Cleveland so sometimes these things work out. Other times you end up in rehab after a bender in Las Vegas.

Not that it matters because they are both TV shows, however, after watching Hard Knocks, I liked Baker Mayfield. I thought I would hate him (for the reasons you listed above), but I did not. I can't say the same for Tate Martell.

It could certainly be a maturity thing (17 vs. 22) or it could be an editing thing. However, they looked like distinctly different personalities to me.

It's like they are acting like high school student or something on that show.

Yeah, but most people want their starting QBs to not be a typical HS kid. Frohm came across really well on the show. He still seemed like a HS kid, but he wasn't doing the things Tate Martell was doing. Fields felt the same way to (as Martell).

Yeah, but most people want their starting QBs to not be a typical HS kid. Frohm came across really well on the show. He still seemed like a HS kid, but he wasn't doing the things Tate Martell was doing. Fields felt the same way to (as Martell).

I agree 150% with this. Frohm came off as very poised and mature for his age and Martell was the opposite. Clearly these perceptions have played themselves out on the field and in the locker room at Georgia and OSU since.

Top Bottom