MSM... 76.7%
    NCA%T 60.9%
    North FL 69.20%
    ARST 66.7%
    NEB 75.0%
    OHIO ST. 59.4%
    Okla ST. 76.70%
    BC 76.5%
    Last edited by Gopherbbdude; 01-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    Gopher FT % last few games

MSM... 76.7%
    NCA%T 60.9%
    North FL 69.20%
    ARST 66.7%
    NEB 75.0%
    OHIO ST. 80.0%
    Okla ST. 76.70%
    BC 54.20%
    Wrong on Ohio State. Ohio State shot 80%. The Gopher was 19-32 for 59.4%
    Also wrong on Boston College. We shot 13-17 for 76.5% in that one.
    Season tickets since 1970 - Born in 1969

"Bruce, I think you have a future as a twitter translator." - Winnipegopher - 1/7/2011
    "I was lost without your translation Mister Kaupa. Thank you!" - fan of Ray Williams - 1/8/2011

Grabbed the wrong stat line. Thanks for correcting

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    I was very deflated to hear Pitino's answer to the question about the FT shooting: that he didn't want to emphasize it to the players too much and make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Then he goes and blames the loss on it. Am I the only one who sees a cognitive dissonance there?

I understand that a coach doesn't want to hammer on something too much, which can make players tight. That said, the best coaches attack problems head on and have a way of emphasizing something in a way that's productive. I don't know how you overcome this problem without making it an A-priority point of emphasis.

High priority or low priority, I'd like to know what the coaching staff is doing to fix this. Are they just pointing to the gym and telling the players to shoot a bunch of free throws until they're better? There are ways to coach this type of thing up, but that's not it.
    I think his point was that the failure at the free throw line affected their defense. Defending well, then penetrating and getting to the line and coming up empty handed again and having to go back and defend well again...he saw the deflation of the defense as the bigger issue.
    They're both pretty big issues.
    I see your concern and share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    I think his point was that the failure at the free throw line affected their defense. Defending well, then penetrating and getting to the line and coming up empty handed again and having to go back and defend well again...he saw the deflation of the defense as the bigger issue.
    They're both pretty big issues.
    I see your concern and share it.
    Well, if you can't score and you can't stop your opponent from scoring, then you have a recipe for losing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Am I old fashioned, out of date? How the FUKK does a COLLEGE basketball team not know how to shoot free throws? OMG!!!

I think the Goph's also started 4/5, so they were 5 out of last 18. Under 30%. Remarkably bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TNGophfan View Post
    I think the Goph's also started 4/5, so they were 5 out of last 18. Under 30%. Remarkably bad.
    I think some of their players shoot their FTs too quickly without taking a moment to dial in the concentration. I am hoping Pitino IS NOT ignoring this situation and trying to instill a deep breath--anything--to give the players some sort of psychological boost.

The missed FTs didn't just hold our score down, they negatively impacted the psyche of the team during game action.

Was looking at the Big Ten Stats to see where we rank. Currently we are 11th at .659 wit Iowa leading the way at .760.

What I found interesting though is that we are second in the conference in the number of made free throws and second in the conference in the number of attempts. So we are getting to the line at a really good rate we just are not converting enough.

Attempts:
    IA - 463 through 16 games
    MN - 411 through 15 games
    MSU - 354 through 16 games

Makes:
    IA - 352
    MN - 271
    MSU - 256

Quote Originally Posted by Block M View Post
    I think some of their players shoot their FTs too quickly without taking a moment to dial in the concentration. I am hoping Pitino IS NOT ignoring this situation and trying to instill a deep breath--anything--to give the players some sort of psychological boost.

The missed FTs didn't just hold our score down, they negatively impacted the psyche of the team during game action.
    It is similar to a turn over.
    Aloha Mr. Hand