Best section to sit in for Zone 4 (<500 per season ticket)

mraveling

Reaction score
Wondering what people think about sitting in sections 115/117...

When the stadium first opened, we sat in Section 105 through the 2014 season. We liked the seats in general, but turning to view the big scoreboard wasn't always great and there were too many visiting fans in that area, so we decided to move.

We spent the 2015 season in section 145. The wind swirl was crazy in that area and made it even colder for October/November games, so we left after one season despite being on the aisle (always my preference).

We've spent the last three seasons in section 135. Like being on the home side, closer to band, closer to light rail station and/or Surly, easier to see big scoreboard. We're 15 rows up on the aisle, and that seems about what we prefer +/- a few rows.

Does the sun make enough positive difference in section 115 to move - especially with the team potentially having a couple of games on that sideline? Is there ever too much glare where you cannot see the game as well? I'm leaning towards staying in 115 but wanted to hear what others think.

My first two seasons I sat in 115 and loved it. I liked it because of the sun and close to the students and the band. I dont remember any glare but the only downfall was when the ball was on the other end of the field.

IMO 115 is the best section for zone 4

115 should get more sun than 135 for sure. I don't sit there but if you want sun there you go.

I'm a fan of the shady side but everyone is different'.

Last edited:

There is maybe 1-2 games where sun makes a huge difference IMO

early season sun can be too hot
late season sun can be too cold (on shade side)

people don't like it when I strip down, and I can always bundle up so I stick to home side as the overall advantages to me outweigh the late games where sun is desirable

Last edited:

anything on the sunny side is great for me. it makes a big difference once fall rolls around.

We're in 117. As stated by other GH's, on hot early season games, it can get real hot! (but in all the years of TCF, it's probably only been like that about 5 times). There can be some sun in the eyes, but wearing a ball cap or sunglasses solves that. I've never sat on the shady side so I can't really compare the two. We like being on the sunny side and would probably never move to the shade.

We are in 135 and like it for all the reasons you already described in your OP. Like being close to the students, wind is no factor. Shade on those hot days. Easy in and out. Love it. About the only thing I'd suggest compared to what you described is to perhaps get higher in the section as down in that row 15 territory, it becomes difficult to tell the difference between 3 and 13 yard runs when they happen on the west end of the field.

Great responses, thanks all. Will consider feedback as I look at options this spring.

We are in 135 and like it for all the reasons you already described in your OP. Like being close to the students, wind is no factor. Shade on those hot days. Easy in and out. Love it. About the only thing I'd suggest compared to what you described is to perhaps get higher in the section as down in that row 15 territory, it becomes difficult to tell the difference between 3 and 13 yard runs when they happen on the west end of the field.

Just keep one eye on the sideline judge as he follows the ball to mark forward progress.

Can't go wrong with those sections. I like being a little higher up for viewing. I'm in 217, Zone 5. Goldy's platform is parked in that corner, so there's added entertainment when the game slows.

Top Bottom