Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First Senate Bill of new Congress: Allowing gov't to punish people who boycott Israel

How is boycotting Israel anything other than free speech:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.86674ddb6cb5

In support of Israel, Rubio’s bills would affirm the legal authority of state and local governments to restrict contracts and take other actions against those “engaged in BDS conduct.” Several states are facing lawsuits after taking action against workers supporting BDS boycotts of Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    How is boycotting Israel anything other than free speech:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.86674ddb6cb5
    I was just going to post this. Thank you for doing so.

The righties/conservatives are pushing this. I should call them fake conservatives. There is directly unconstitutional. This takes away first amendment rights.

Anyone against this is anti-constitution

And again, its not weird to anyone that congress is so concerned about another country they are literally making bills that go against our constitution?

ok for libs to boycott travel to states that do not worship at the shrine of LBGT agenda

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    ok for libs to boycott travel to states that do not worship at the shrine of LBGT agenda
    I agree with you too. That is BS. Start a thread on it and i will contribute.

The only difference is one is a domestic issue that goes against our constitution, the other is us worried about another country that goes against our constitution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I agree with you too. That is BS. Start a thread on it and i will contribute.

The only difference is one is a domestic issue that goes against our constitution, the other is us worried about another country that goes against our constitution.
    How does boycotting traveling to a place go against our Constitution? I agree with you on the Israel issue in this case, but I clicked on it knowing it was 99% you'd be first reply. You didn't let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    How does boycotting traveling to a place go against our Constitution? I agree with you on the Israel issue in this case, but I clicked on it knowing it was 99% you'd be first reply. You didn't let us down.
    thanks! As i told in the first reply you're referring to, I stated I would have started the thread. I'm passionate about it because the issue isn't getting covered very much, and even more so, I'm hearing zilch from the big first amendment pushers. Can't pick and choose things that are or are not unconstitutional.

And howy, I'm glad you're on board with denouncing this crap.

thanks! As i told in the first reply you're referring to, I stated I would have started the thread. I'm passionate about it because the issue isn't getting covered very much, and even more so, I'm hearing zilch from the big first amendment pushers. Can't pick and choose things that are or are not unconstitutional.

And howy, I'm glad you're on board with denouncing this crap.
    I am all for boycotts, public demonstrations, and campus protests for or against every issue or group of people in the world. Such actions are a basic human right whether or not they comply with the law and they are often the only way to get the attention of people in positions of power who can do something about your concerns.

I support anyone willing to publicly stand up for their beliefs and face the consequences for their actions. That goes for neo-fascists disrupting left wing parades as well as college liberals shouting down speeches by right wing demagogues. The only lines I am willing to draw are against physical harm to people and damage to the property of others. Disrupting bus, train, and plane schedules as well as highway traffic are fair game as long as the participants understand the legal consequences.
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-08-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    #resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    I am all for boycotts, public demonstrations, and campus protests for or against every issue or group of people in the world. Such actions are a basic human right whether or not they comply with the law and they are often the only way to get the attention of people in positions of power who can do something about your concerns.

I admire anyone willing to publicly stand up for their beliefs and face the consequences for their actions. That goes for neo-fascists disrupting left wing parades as well as college liberals shouting down speeches by right wing demagogues. The only lines I am willing to draw are against physical harm to people and damage to the property of others. Disrupting bus, train, and plane schedules as well as highway traffic are fair game as long as the participants understand the legal consequences.
    Boooo. Certain "demonstrations" are not at all admirable. If you are disrupting people's schedules and causing traffic backups....you are indirectly causing lots of harm to varying degrees. That's why the BLM movement, while having a good message, was/is a major nuisance. They were pushing their message at the expense of others, which probably created more backlash than support.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Boooo. Certain "demonstrations" are not at all admirable. If you are disrupting people's schedules and causing traffic backups....you are indirectly causing lots of harm to varying degrees. That's why the BLM movement, while having a good message, was/is a major nuisance. They were pushing their message at the expense of others, which probably created more backlash than support.

Counterpoint: I'm sure the tea drinkers in greater Boston were inconvenienced, too. Progress and change have their price.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    jimmy is like a badger fan on the football or basketball board, if someone is going to say anything about israel, he'll be the first in the thread to bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    jimmy is like a badger fan on the football or basketball board, if someone is going to say anything about israel, he'll be the first in the thread to bash.
    I'm actually the first to start a thread bashing Israel.

That being said, this is more about congress inacting a bill to take away first amendment rights for the favor of another country. I have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Counterpoint: I'm sure the tea drinkers in greater Boston were inconvenienced, too. Progress and change have their price.
    Inconvenience is a bit different. Making people late for appointments, work, picking up children, etc........?

Not to mention people rushing because they are behind schedule causes other hazardous situations.

Quite a bit different than missing a bit of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post

Disrupting traffic..... hmmm.... Montgomery, AL December 1, 1955. Thoughts?

I was just going to post this. Thank you for doing so.

The righties/conservatives are pushing this. I should call them fake conservatives. There is directly unconstitutional. This takes away first amendment rights.

Anyone against this is anti-constitution
    Hahaha. Is your thinking cap on? This is nothing more than the Republicans trying to disrupt the Democrats, especially their radical left wing which hates America. One of the few times the Deep State and us real Americans #MAGA are aligned.