Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Minnesota only BT to ever beat Clemson; 1 of 2 BT teams to beat Bama since 2000

Go Gophers!!

Rhys chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Rickey chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

They’ve been dodging us ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    They’ve been dodging us ever since!
    I would love to see a home and home series with them, in late November.

Bama and Clemson are afraid of us.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    They are less than elite!
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    they both realize that tuscaloosa, alabama and clemson, sc are gopher country.

I guess that would make Minnesota the only BIG school to have beaten both teams? Would someone please check to see if
    Penn State has beaten Clemson? If so, they would join us in that elite circle

Quote Originally Posted by metrolax View Post
    I guess that would make Minnesota the only BIG school to have beaten both teams? Would someone please check to see if
    Penn State has beaten Clemson? If so, they would join us in that elite circle
    Penn State lost to Clemson in their only meeting in 1988.
    by station19 - Quit talking stupid.

For those of you who want to browse our history:
    http://www.winsipedia.com/minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    For those of you who want to browse our history:
    http://www.winsipedia.com/minnesota
    Cool! Thanks for the link. Any reason why we've played Pitt and Washington so many times compared to other teams in their conference?

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the link. Any reason why we've played Pitt and Washington so many times compared to other teams in their conference?
    During the Bierman years (1932-1941, 1946-1951) Washington was a favorite foe, not sure why - probably played at least ten times. Since the traveling team would have to literally spend a week on the road to and from the game via train (multi-day trips with a practice stop along the way - Gophers always practiced somewhere in Montana), they would always play first game of season so as to not affect the schedule as much. Washington did not have a lot of other non-conference "D1 type" teams nearby which may have added to the attraction for them.

Pittsburgh was also a favorite in the earlier years - one forgets that they were an independent program (no conference affiliation) until 1991 - probably always looking for a game somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cemba99 View Post
    During the Bierman years (1932-1941, 1946-1951) Washington was a favorite foe, not sure why - probably played at least ten times. Since the traveling team would have to literally spend a week on the road to and from the game via train (multi-day trips with a practice stop along the way - Gophers always practiced somewhere in Montana), they would always play first game of season so as to not affect the schedule as much. Washington did not have a lot of other non-conference "D1 type" teams nearby which may have added to the attraction for them.

Pittsburgh was also a favorite in the earlier years - one forgets that they were an independent program (no conference affiliation) until 1991 - probably always looking for a game somewhere.
    Cool. Thanks for the background info.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    they both realize that tuscaloosa, alabama and clemson, sc are gopher country.
    Georgia sure is
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯