Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    Assistant Head Coach is basically a ceremonial title. Going from a Big Ten team on the rise to a bottom of the barrel Conference USA team seems very odd.

I can't believe there's any kind of huge pay bump involved...
    Did you miss the part about him being a coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    We didn't.
    Say more. Intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hopefully this is it...

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    Say more. Intrigued.

I believe Bob means we didn't lose West because of a lateral move.

Considering we just gave Joe the job, doesn't make sense that we'd give Marcus a co-defensive coordinator role.

6. Default

Since Minnesota's D-Line looks like a group on the rise, I'm fine with this. I'd like to see a hire like Coach Addae---a young coach on the rise with recruiting strength in a specific geographic area. Just as Coach Adae brings strength in Tampa and Los Vegas, I'd like to see a new coach with strength in North Texas, North Georgia, St. Louis or Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    Assistant Head Coach is basically a ceremonial title. Going from a Big Ten team on the rise to a bottom of the barrel Conference USA team seems very odd.

I can't believe there's any kind of huge pay bump involved...
    Apparently you glossed over the co-defensive coordinator part of the title. This would absolutely be seen as a step up doing from a position coach to a co-coordinator/assistant head coach.

I do agree though that the Assistant Head Coach title is often just used as a way to get guys more money and doesn't mean a whole lot unless the head coach is forced to step down for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Pessimist View Post
    Since Minnesota's D-Line looks like a group on the rise, I'm fine with this. I'd like to see a hire like Coach Addae---a young coach on the rise with recruiting strength in a specific geographic area. Just as Coach Adae brings strength in Tampa and Los Vegas, I'd like to see a new coach with strength in North Texas, North Georgia, St. Louis or Chicago.
    I assume that the Maine guy will slide into the defensive line coach position?

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    Say more. Intrigued.

No.

Blog Entries

Fleck is in a much better position to recruit and hire coaches than he has been before. I am not concerned about any replacements. The original group was a whirlwind exercise. I expect he has a long list of prospects.
    Kingdom Warriors

I have confidence in Fleck that he will make a strong hire to fill the open spot. However, I am really hoping he hires back Sherels to coach linebackers if he's interested.

Blog Entries

Maybe there is a reason why PJ Fleck did not appear in last Sunday's Sports Huddle during the AFCA Convention weekend.

He must be casing other potential replacement coaches for Ciarrocca and West. Now that Ciarrocca changed his mind, it will only the DLine coach that he needs to secure. Hopefully, no other coaches decide to bolt to bigger and better pastures.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Maybe there is a reason why PJ Fleck did not appear in last Sunday's Sports Huddle during the AFCA Convention weekend.

He must be casing other potential replacement coaches for Ciarrocca and West. Now that Ciarrocca changed his mind, it will only the DLine coach that he needs to secure. Hopefully, no other coaches decide to bolt to bigger and better pastures.
    One coach left for Charlotte
    And you’re waiting for everyone to bail for “bigger and better pastures”

Slow your roll man

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post

Considering we now have both Harasymiak and Rossi, one could coach the LB's and the other the D-line so PJ wouldn't necessarily have to limit his coaching search to just D-line coaches if he didn't want to.

Interesting (or not) the former d.c. of Charlotte Glenn Spencer is now the d.c. of FAU under Lane Kiffin.