Marcus West to Charlotte

Think there's any chance that Fleck hires Greg Schiano, for some type of role on the defense in 2019?? FBS teams are allowed to have 10 assistant coaches, correct? Harasymiak is now 9 and West leaving opens a spot for 10.

Think there's any chance that Fleck hires Greg Schiano, for some type of role on the defense in 2019?? FBS teams are allowed to have 10 assistant coaches, correct? Harasymiak is now 9 and West leaving opens a spot for 10.

Certainly possible if a coordinator job doesn't open up.

Schiano might also go the NFL route.

Certainly possible if a coordinator job doesn't open up.

Schiano might also go the NFL route.

Would be kind of crazy to have a former NFL coach as an assistant coach here. Do you think his alleged association with the Penn State scandal would keep him from getting hired here?

Would be kind of crazy to have a former NFL coach as an assistant coach here. Do you think his alleged association with the Penn State scandal would keep him from getting hired here?

I would hope not, but it is possible. What happened at Tennessee reeks of a scapegoat and partisan politics.

I would bet money that Coyle would block that. Minnesota is way to PC to allow that to happen.

I would bet money that Coyle would block that. Minnesota is way to PC to allow that to happen.

They would also look hypocritical after taking such a strong stance when firing Claeys.

How do the Gophers lose a coach in a basically lateral move to Charlotte??

I just found out that Marcus West's wife Nikki West left her assistant basketball coach position at NC State "to be closer to her husband" last year. This summer she accepted a position with Charlotte as well to be an asst. on the girls basketball team.

Good for them. Nice to see a couple put family above money or prestige.

I’m probably in the minority but is it really that big of a loss? It’s not like our d line is lighting the world on fire. From the games I’ve watched we struggle to consistently get pressure, players overpersuing thus vacating their gaps, and lots of missed opportunities for sacks because they let the qb break contain.

I’m probably in the minority but is it really that big of a loss? It’s not like our d line is lighting the world on fire. From the games I’ve watched we struggle to consistently get pressure, players overpersuing thus vacating their gaps, and lots of missed opportunities for sacks because they let the qb break contain.
I’m guessing that means you aren’t happy with the replacement we hired...

Charlotte qualified for a bowl this weekend in a pretty big coup. I thought that's why this thread was zombie bumped, but whatever.

Top Bottom