Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Let's see - most of the people on this board are excited about all the young returning talent on offense. Now, we're worried that the offense might take a step back if someone else is calling the plays.

"Morgan - throw the slant to Johnson. Smith, run behind Faalele."

Doesn't sound too tough to me.
    I don't know how you can say that after watching the defense this year. Rossi, with the exact same players and a similar scheme, produced radically different results from Smith. The wrong OC hire next year could produce poor results with mostly the same group of players next year. There is risk and opportunity in every hire; to say it is as simple as calling a slant to Johnson or a run behind Faalele is pretty ignorant, especially with what we saw this year on the other side of the ball.

My hope is that this is purely an orchestrated attempt to get Kirk a little more cash for the job he's done. Makes zero sense to bolt to WVU with the seniors they are losing and it being a fully lateral move.....unless they are filled with cash I'm saying Kirk stays and the program ponies up a few more bucks to make it happen.

Blog Entries

I don't think KC leaves us for WV. I don't want him to leave right now either. However, if he does I am all in on Patterson. In the system, knows the kids.
    Kingdom Warriors

I don't think anyone's brought this up - Ciarrocca makes $700,000 here. WVU's most recent OC, Jake Spavital (recently hired as Texas St. HC), was scheduled to make $550,000 in 2019 had he stayed at WVU. If Ciarrocca leaves, I don't think it will be because of the money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I don't think anyone's brought this up - Ciarrocca makes $700,000 here. WVU's most recent OC, Jake Spavital (recently hired as Texas St. HC), was scheduled to make $550,000 in 2019 had he stayed at WVU. If Ciarrocca leaves, I don't think it will be because of the money.
    Yup. Don't think he leaves for WV and not enough resume for a Helmet School.
    Kingdom Warriors

WVU I think got some monies when their last coach went to Houston due to a buyout, and WVU is saving a good chunk of money on their new HC compared to their old .... so they might still be well within reach of a raise for Kirk.

Reports elsewhere are that the offer comes with a substantial pay bump to what he gets in MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherphile View Post
    Reports elsewhere are that the offer comes with a substantial pay bump to what he gets in MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully with the fact nothing official has been announced yet, time has been put into constructing and considering a counter offer. We are now 24 hours or so into this and his twitter account still features Gopher stuff. This is what I’m hoping, anyway.

Per @Petethamel on twitter (and retweeted by Ryan Burns)

Source: West Virginia finalizing a deal to make Chad Scott their co-offensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire McHale View Post
    My hope is that this is purely an orchestrated attempt to get Kirk a little more cash for the job he's done. Makes zero sense to bolt to WVU with the seniors they are losing and it being a fully lateral move.....unless they are filled with cash I'm saying Kirk stays and the program ponies up a few more bucks to make it happen.
    Orchestrated by whom?

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Per @Petethamel on twitter (and retweeted by Ryan Burns)

Source: West Virginia finalizing a deal to make Chad Scott their co-offensive coordinator.
    Excellent. Now let's have some sort of announcement from MN stating Ciarrocca has a well earned raise and all are looking forward to a successful 2019 campaign. Fingers are crossed.

This Chad Scott fella was just hired at Louisville as RB coach 4 days ago. What a circus.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Rumors of his departure were slightly exaggerated.

However, he still might leave

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    WVU I think got some monies when their last coach went to Houston due to a buyout, and WVU is saving a good chunk of money on their new HC compared to their old .... so they might still be well within reach of a raise for Kirk.
    What are the taxes in WV compared to MN?