Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

We can not stand to lose a coordinator from a team that went 3-6 in the conference. There is no telling to what depths we might sink.
    Kingdom Warriors

Blog Entries

Tony Dungy is interested again!
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    GOLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Uh. Dungy made his name in coaching on defense. We want Marc Trestman!

Clay Patterson looks like a good candidate and -may- be a better recruiting personality based on nothing other than what few interviews and twit posts I’ve seen. Patterson’s coaching background is encouraging. Change is inevitable so if Ciarrocca is actually leaving have to hope the offense gets even better and more innovative next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    Personally, I think it's a robust sign when good talent is hired and then leaves for other heights and challenges. Lots of other good coaches available to take their places.

Conspiracy theory with nothing to offer as proof: Clay Patterson was hired, Fleck liked what he saw and heard from this innovative offensive mind, began using Patterson's ideas more than KC's ideas, KC saw the writing on the wall, and bolted. Plausible?
    One little problem with that: it’s a lateral move at best - he might not be calling plays and one tweet stated he might be a co-offensive coordinator. If it was the head coaching gig, you pat him on the back and use that as promotional material for the next man up.

Quote Originally Posted by CurveballJesus View Post
    This might have been in the works since last year. I thought the Clay Patterson hire seemed a little strange at the time. A head coach (albeit juco) who was renowned for his offenses taking a position coach job seemed weird. You’d think he would have had his pick of G5 or FCS o coordinator jobs.

Maybe Kirk told PJ he’d give him one more year and then start looking around, get more exposure, more varied experience that could help him keep moving up the ladder.

So PJ went after Patterson with a promise of a likely promotion in a year

You know, when they hired Patterson, I too thought it odd. Good angle. I'm buying it.

Blog Entries

If KC leaves, I am not concerned in the least. There are so many young, dynamic, hungry coaches that would salivate to inherit this kind of talent. Hope KC stays if PJ wants him to stay. If not, Gophers will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    If KC leaves, I am not concerned in the least. There are so many young, dynamic, hungry coaches that would salivate to inherit this kind of talent. Hope KC stays if PJ wants him to stay. If not, Gophers will be just fine.
    All this coaching turnover is just part of Fleck's Master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    All this coaching turnover is just part of Fleck's Master plan.
    The Saban method.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    The Saban method.
    The Saban of the upper Midwest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    The Saban of the upper Midwest.
    The Dabo method!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    No thanks. We should stay far, far away from Schiano
    He could coach D line help with linebackers. Schiano good football coach. I would not blame Fleck if he hired him, Schiano is a good football coach.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gopherdudepart2; 01-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.

I think we got it- Schiano is a good football coach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopherdudepart2 View Post
    He could coach D line help with linebackers. Schiano good football coach. I would not blame Fleck if he hired him, Schiano is a good football coach.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Yeah. His defense at Ohio State this past season was awesome.

If K.C. leaves, I hope we actually looK at options before hiring. I like what Rossi was able to do at the end of the year, but it strIkes me as odd that we didn’t take a look at what happened around the country after the season. There has been a lot of movement with high quality DCs that could have been better hires. Not saying they would have been, but surprised we didn’t look seriously at options there, and if K.C. leaves, I hope we look at options. Then again, a couple of moves make more sense of K.C. leaves as others have pointed out.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle