Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

F**k this. Time to open the wallet and keep a successful coach. We need continuity and culture. Time to row the boat all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdownvikings View Post
    F**k this. Time to open the wallet and keep a successful coach. We need continuity and culture. Time to row the boat all the way to the bank.
    Agree. I know some people didn’t like him in his first year, but I think he was pretty good.

If I could only protect one assistant coach from leaving, that coach would be Ciarrocca. I was really impressed with what he did in year two (also impressed with what Callahan did with the Oline) and the fact that he's also the QB coach leaves us in a really, really tough spot if he ends up leaving. Hopefully this is just leverage for a pay raise. If not, I think we need to look outside the current staff for a OC/QB coach with some experience...hopefully someone who has ran a similar style offense with success.

Call me crazy, but I think keeping Callahan is more important than keeping Ciarrocca. The offense got better because the OL started to dominate, not because of the playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    He and Fleck are close friends and have had a long relationship together. Ciarrocca isn't going anywhere unless its a head coaching job. Or work for Saban of course.
    Robb Smith was PJs best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think keeping Callahan is more important than keeping Ciarrocca. The offense got better because the OL started to dominate, not because of the playcalling.
    Call me crazy, but I think O line was going to play better this year regardless of o line coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think O line was going to play better this year regardless of o line coach.
    You're crazy.

This might have been in the works since last year. I thought the Clay Patterson hire seemed a little strange at the time. A head coach (albeit juco) who was renowned for his offenses taking a position coach job seemed weird. You’d think he would have had his pick of G5 or FCS o coordinator jobs.

Maybe Kirk told PJ he’d give him one more year and then start looking around, get more exposure, more varied experience that could help him keep moving up the ladder.

So PJ went after Patterson with a promise of a likely promotion in a year

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    Robb Smith was PJs best friend.
    Oh.
    Dux Servus

I hope KC stays. The move to WVU makes no sense. If he goes there is something behind the scenes. More likely PJ wanted him out or KC wanted out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by CurveballJesus View Post
    This might have been in the works since last year. I thought the Clay Patterson hire seemed a little strange at the time. A head coach (albeit juco) who was renowned for his offenses taking a position coach job seemed weird. You’d think he would have had his pick of G5 or FCS o coordinator jobs.

Maybe Kirk told PJ he’d give him one more year and then start looking around, get more exposure, more varied experience that could help him keep moving up the ladder.

So PJ went after Patterson with a promise of a likely promotion in a year
    Fleck I’m sure knows the dream jobs or goals of each of his coaches. Working with a familiar face, four hours from home, at a P5 school is likely something Kirk is interested in. Fleck seems to do a fine job of having backup plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    One tweet linking to a message board qualifies as buzz?
    This is a fan forum, Iím not writing for the Washington Post. Next time iíll be sure to find multiple sources before starting a thread though.

Ciarrocca grew up in PA, went to Temple, coached most of his life out east, wife coached lacrosse at Delaware, his kid is a senior at wayzata heading to Monmouth in jersey to play lacrosse...his daughter was a star soccer player at Rutgers...maybe wife and he want to be closer to family and friends

Blog Entries

Did anybody remember the GH thread where PJ Fleck was telegraphing early in the season about coaches leaving for other bigger jobs in coaching. Didn't he say he even welcome and encourages it. For coaches to pursue their own dreams or something like that.

Maybe there was some discussion between him and Kirk Ciarrocca.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    Ciarrocca grew up in PA, went to Temple, coached most of his life out east, wife coached lacrosse at Delaware, his kid is a senior at wayzata heading to Monmouth in jersey to play lacrosse...his daughter was a star soccer player at Rutgers...maybe wife and he want to be closer to family and friends
    Thank you for this instead of all the BS that it has to be about PJ and KC tired of the gimmicks, etc. along with the other stupid speculation.