Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I see some Dabo Swinney in PJ Fleck

I know Fleck brings Dabo and Clemson up from time to time, and I can see why. I see some similarities. I don’t know if it’ll be here, but I see Fleck in the CFP someday. Maybe even in the Natty. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Some Day...Maybe View Post
    I know Fleck brings Dabo and Clemson up from time to time, and I can see why. I see some similarities. I don’t know if it’ll be here, but I see Fleck in the CFP someday. Maybe even in the Natty. We’ll see.

I agree.

Yep. Fun to imagine...
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

If PJ ever lands a QB like Lawrence it’s probably more realatic than we think. That kid is incredible.

I would love to see it happen in Minnesota.....but there is a huge gap between Minnesota and Clemson. Their recruiting classes lowest ranked players are like our highest ranked players. I love Minnesota and the Twin Cities, but I think it's going to be difficult to get those recruits to the U any time soon. I love PJ Fleck and want him to stay here for a long time....hopefully building something as big as you are envisioning.

Blog Entries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7sB...&frags=pl%2Cwn

A long press conference with Dabo here, but if you watch it, I don't think you come away comparing PJ to Dabo. Just my two cents!

Dabo told the Gophers or any other college team it too, can be national champions if they are willing to believe and put the work in.

Blog Entries

Clemson is in a perfect geographical locale at the crossroads of SEC/Big Ten/ACC recruiting country. It is in a beautiful campus with enrollment around 19K-20K and a small/mid-size city charm.

The Big Ten West is no SEC country. Twenty to thirty years from now, there is no telling how demographics will change and how that will impact recruiting trends.

If the Gophers can be lucky and find a QB and a Big Ten upper tier caliber O-Line, there's no telling how far they can go. The same goes for restocking and improving building their Defense.

That can be said of any team. It starts with building with talent on both sides of the ball. We saw glimpses of what the Gophers can be capable of in the win against Wisconsin, Purdue, and Georgia Tech.

The truth is, the Big Ten West has become more competitive at least in the mid-tier of college football. What is it - in the last two years the Big Ten West went 8-1 in bowl games and the Big Ten East 4-4.

I don't know how the Gophers Offense will do with a new OC and other assistant coaches leaving and others coming in. If PJ Fleck can continue to improve recruiting year to year, and if he himself does not decide to leave the Gophers will have a pretty decent future.

Lotsa lefsa. Bottom line - the key is recruiting talent to Minnesota which was/is still a challenging task. PJ Fleck is still fighting for one or two 4-Star talent that may help win one or two more games.
    Last edited by hungan1; 01-08-2019 at 03:43 AM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Truth is, from anything I've seen so far with the CFP, you need to be a top 10 (or top 5) recruiting school to win it.
    There has been no outlier yet of a team outside of the top 10 winning the CFP.

It could happen of course, but hasn't happened yet.

The last team to come close was probably Michigan State who got to the CFP and lost 38-0 to Bama with a team that wasn't ranking annually in the top 20 recruiting classes.

If I were to expect a team to win the CFP without top ranking classes, I would expect the two ways it can happen would be by having a QB so good he can carry a team that has less talent.

or

A Wisconsin style, big lineman, ball control, solid defense team where lower ranked recruits are formed into NFL caliber lineman who can out muscle quicker, talented, defensive recruits.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Truth is, from anything I've seen so far with the CFP, you need to be a top 10 (or top 5) recruiting school to win it.
    There has been no outlier yet of a team outside of the top 10 winning the CFP.

It could happen of course, but hasn't happened yet.

The last team to come close was probably Michigan State who got to the CFP and lost 38-0 to Bama with a team that wasn't ranking annually in the top 20 recruiting classes.

If I were to expect a team to win the CFP without top ranking classes, I would expect the two ways it can happen would be by having a QB so good he can carry a team that has less talent.

or

A Wisconsin style, big lineman, ball control, solid defense team where lower ranked recruits are formed into NFL caliber lineman who can out muscle quicker, talented, defensive recruits.
    Agree. Any Big Ten West team will have to crack the top ten in recruiting in three/four consecutive years to arrive at the national CFP table. Even then nothing is guaranteed without good coaching. That doesn't mean a team can be lucky once in a while with under recruited talent however dismal. You have to have the thoroughbred horses in the stable and lots of them. We saw what talent level Clemson has that blew out Alabama. That is in another level of football universe.

It can become boring to the rest of Division 1 College Football if every year you pencil in Alabama or Clemson or another SEC/ACC team. How is this going to impact fan interest in college football in the long run?
    Last edited by hungan1; 01-08-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

PJ Fleck can build something amazing here. Clemson was a trash program prior to Dabo. It took the right coach to flip that program. Look at Clemson’s prior season ending record through their history and you will see a lot of barely .500 team to under .500 with splashes of greatness. Maybe and I mean just maybe P.J. Fleck can awaken a sleeping giant.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
    PJ Fleck can build something amazing here. Clemson was a trash program prior to Dabo. It took the right coach to flip that program. Look at Clemson’s prior season ending record through their history and you will see a lot of barely .500 team to under .500 with splashes of greatness. Maybe and I mean just maybe P.J. Fleck can awaken a sleeping giant.
    If you think Clemson was trash before Dabo, then I don't even know what the gophers would be described as.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    If PJ ever lands a QB like Lawrence it’s probably more realatic than we think. That kid is incredible.
    Posters would want to redshirt him so he would be here five years.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    If he were draft eligible, he'd probably be the first guy picked.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
    From 1977 to 2008 they had 3 teams that were under .500, went to 24 bowls games in that stretch. You sure you have the right Clemson?
    Dux Servus