Ciarrocca a candidate for the West Virginia Offensive Coordinator job?

He has a good thing going on here, why go to WVU with a new coach who isn't established there?

He has a good thing going on here, why go to WVU with a new coach who isn't established there?

Agree 100% If he has aspirations of upward trajectory I would think he would hold out for some sort of clear upgrade. OC at a helmet school or head coach at a Mid Major program or something. As you suggested, as far as a job goes, this is risky with little upside... If he is actually interested in this WVU job, there must be other reasons, many of which have been suggested in this thread. Time will clarify... in the mean time back to speculation!

Agree 100% If he has aspirations of upward trajectory I would think he would hold out for some sort of clear upgrade. OC at a helmet school or head coach at a Mid Major program or something. As you suggested, as far as a job goes, this is risky with little upside... If he is actually interested in this WVU job, there must be other reasons, many of which have been suggested in this thread. Time will clarify... in the mean time back to speculation!

Yeah unless he knows something we don't (well he does, but something way significant) he's on track to continue to pad his resume at MN next year / maybe beyond that. That is way not a sure thing at WVU who just had a bit of an underachievement year.

I mean if you're Ciarrocca you take the phone call of course, but generally it makes no sense.

Yeah unless he knows something we don't (well he does, but something way significant) he's on track to continue to pad his resume at MN next year / maybe beyond that. That is way not a sure thing at WVU who just had a bit of an underachievement year.

I mean if you're Ciarrocca you take the phone call of course, but generally it makes no sense.

Could all be a ruse to get more money or he could be legitimately interested in heading out there.

The good news is that if he leaves the new OC will have a lot of tools to work with. Would think it would be a pretty attractive job considering what we have coming back on that side of the ball.

Could all be a ruse to get more money or he could be legitimately interested in heading out there.

The good news is that if he leaves the new OC will have a lot of tools to work with. Would think it would be a pretty attractive job considering what we have coming back on that side of the ball.

Well Kirk certainly has earned a raise.

Maybe when Clay P was brought on last year, PJ gave him more power than Kirk to come up with a game plan each week and KC was the coordinator in name only.

Maybe when Clay P was brought on last year, PJ gave him more power than Kirk to come up with a game plan each week and KC was the coordinator in name only.

I love the absurdity of the conspiracy theory but:

MA3rMjc.gif

I doubt it. After every game in which the offense performed well PJ lauded KC and his performance/preparation. Never heard anything re Clay in the pressers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he does leave and we have to find a replacement, I hope they can continue to execute the deep slant concept that we had going this year. At times they made it look too easy.

If I had to live in Minneapolis or Morgantown, WV...I'd pick Minneapolis.

Seems like a lateral move at best for KC. Hope he stays but if he doesn't, we'll row right on by.

Let's see - most of the people on this board are excited about all the young returning talent on offense. Now, we're worried that the offense might take a step back if someone else is calling the plays.

"Morgan - throw the slant to Johnson. Smith, run behind Faalele."

Doesn't sound too tough to me.

Let's see - most of the people on this board are excited about all the young returning talent on offense. Now, we're worried that the offense might take a step back if someone else is calling the plays.

I agree SON. I don’t want KC to leave but it won’t be panic button pushing time if he does. He has a relationship with Brown and it is closer to home for him. If he takes it I can understand. He has to do what is right for he and his family, not what is right for some on this board.

We will be just fine with Patterson if he leaves.

I though KC was pretty imaginative.
Doesn't mean he had the secret sauce.

PJ isn't going to change the philosophy. More important to find the right teacher who fits the culture to work with the kids.

I though KC was pretty imaginative.
Doesn't mean he had the secret sauce.

PJ isn't going to change the philosophy. More important to find the right teacher who fits the culture to work with the kids.

He has been pretty open about not calling plays unless he thinks they can make the play and how that evolves over time / even over a game. I think that really impacts what he calls. To him the playbook isn't just an open thing you call because you want the play to happen.

I don't know how you can say that after watching the defense this year. Rossi, with the exact same players and a similar scheme, produced radically different results from Smith. The wrong OC hire next year could produce poor results with mostly the same group of players next year. There is risk and opportunity in every hire; to say it is as simple as calling a slant to Johnson or a run behind Faalele is pretty ignorant, especially with what we saw this year on the other side of the ball.

My hope is that this is purely an orchestrated attempt to get Kirk a little more cash for the job he's done. Makes zero sense to bolt to WVU with the seniors they are losing and it being a fully lateral move.....unless they are filled with cash I'm saying Kirk stays and the program ponies up a few more bucks to make it happen.

I don't think KC leaves us for WV. I don't want him to leave right now either. However, if he does I am all in on Patterson. In the system, knows the kids.

I don't think anyone's brought this up - Ciarrocca makes $700,000 here. WVU's most recent OC, Jake Spavital (recently hired as Texas St. HC), was scheduled to make $550,000 in 2019 had he stayed at WVU. If Ciarrocca leaves, I don't think it will be because of the money.

I don't think anyone's brought this up - Ciarrocca makes $700,000 here. WVU's most recent OC, Jake Spavital (recently hired as Texas St. HC), was scheduled to make $550,000 in 2019 had he stayed at WVU. If Ciarrocca leaves, I don't think it will be because of the money.

Yup. Don't think he leaves for WV and not enough resume for a Helmet School.

WVU I think got some monies when their last coach went to Houston due to a buyout, and WVU is saving a good chunk of money on their new HC compared to their old .... so they might still be well within reach of a raise for Kirk.

Reports elsewhere are that the offer comes with a substantial pay bump to what he gets in MN.

Reports elsewhere are that the offer comes with a substantial pay bump to what he gets in MN.

Hopefully with the fact nothing official has been announced yet, time has been put into constructing and considering a counter offer. We are now 24 hours or so into this and his twitter account still features Gopher stuff. This is what I’m hoping, anyway.

Per @Petethamel on twitter (and retweeted by Ryan Burns)

Source: West Virginia finalizing a deal to make Chad Scott their co-offensive coordinator.

My hope is that this is purely an orchestrated attempt to get Kirk a little more cash for the job he's done. Makes zero sense to bolt to WVU with the seniors they are losing and it being a fully lateral move.....unless they are filled with cash I'm saying Kirk stays and the program ponies up a few more bucks to make it happen.

Orchestrated by whom?

Per @Petethamel on twitter (and retweeted by Ryan Burns)

Source: West Virginia finalizing a deal to make Chad Scott their co-offensive coordinator.

Excellent. Now let's have some sort of announcement from MN stating Ciarrocca has a well earned raise and all are looking forward to a successful 2019 campaign. Fingers are crossed.

This Chad Scott fella was just hired at Louisville as RB coach 4 days ago. What a circus.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Rumors of his departure were slightly exaggerated.

However, he still might leave

WVU I think got some monies when their last coach went to Houston due to a buyout, and WVU is saving a good chunk of money on their new HC compared to their old .... so they might still be well within reach of a raise for Kirk.

What are the taxes in WV compared to MN?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom