Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    It was nice they did the the moment of silence for Coleman.

I'm going to nit-pick, though. ...

They did it well in advance of the game when neither team was on the floor.
    How far in advance? It was before I got there for sure...but we didn't leave Sturbs until 5:45...
    Season tickets since 1970 - Born in 1969

"Bruce, I think you have a future as a twitter translator." - Winnipegopher - 1/7/2011
    "I was lost without your translation Mister Kaupa. Thank you!" - fan of Ray Williams - 1/8/2011

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brucekaupa View Post
    How far in advance? It was before I got there for sure...but we didn't leave Sturbs until 5:45...
    At least 15 to 20 minutes before the game started. And of course with the 6 p.m. start, there was a lot less people to observe the moment of silence. At minimum it should have been done when both teams were out there, not in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by brucekaupa View Post
    I happen to know it was exactly at 5:50 PM, because I was standing in line at Drew's popcorn trying to determine if I could make it through and not miss the opening tap. They showed a picture of him on the TV screens in the hall and there were 7 minutes left of the scoreboard clock which I think is a countdown to the player intros.

I made it to my seat prior to the Star Spangled Banner for all those concerned.