Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    READ IT. Facts matter a lot more than your fiction. If you read more facts, you'd post far less fiction.
    It doesn't even matter. The fact is that there was no scientific consensus 40 years ago. Exxon didn't "know" anything. Neither did scientists. If more scientists wrote papers about global warming than cooling, great. That's not proof that there was a "consensus" to find. There is currently STILL no consensus, and it's mainly sensational media driven.

This is a cash grab and a political hit and a gross injustice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    LW nutjobs sadly cannot.
    Sotomyor and Kagen have voted with the conservative block plenty of times, despite the GOP assuring us they were basically Commies during confirmation.

Blog Entries

It is beyond dishonest for Democrats to pretend that their primary concern is with the investors of Exxon. These investors have eyes and ears right? They've been aware since the 1970s of global cooling from humans, global warming from humans, acid rain, ozone layer, Al Gore, and now climate change. The impact to Exxon is on the public reaction and appetite for change. Exxon can't control that at all. There was no consensus 40 years ago. They didn't secretly discover climate change when the world was talking about global cooling and predicting a coming ice age and hide it from the public. It is beyond belief, but you go on believing it Howie, it suits you.
    "The Democrats" are pretending that? It's the New York AG bringing the suit. I'm not saying they'll win. I don't know the details of what information they gave investors. But twisting yourself in pretzels to downplay the impact to investors has consequences.

Blog Entries

The % of conservative appointed justices who vote across the aisle so to speak, is MUCH higher than the other way around.
    MUCH! At least 20% more. For sure more than 5%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Exactly what? What do you know about AGW science, Jimmy?
    AGW was dropped from the conversation because it was based on altered data and other lies. It was indeed a horrible conspiracy that died an ugly death. Lies you love to promote, That wholly reveals your level of morality and ethics. Bigly ugly picture. You don't even understand forcings. Forcings are the driver of climate change.
    Kingdom Warriors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Sotomyor and Kagen have voted with the conservative block plenty of times, despite the GOP assuring us they were basically Commies during confirmation.
    I give them credit for having more decency than you. That is the difference, they do not want to be wrong ALL the time. This is not a matter of intelligence, just a matter of common decency as a human being. Something you totally lack.
    Kingdom Warriors

"The Democrats" are pretending that? It's the New York AG bringing the suit. I'm not saying they'll win. I don't know the details of what information they gave investors. But twisting yourself in pretzels to downplay the impact to investors has consequences.
    I guess you didn't look at that stock chart.

Which political party is the NY AG?

MUCH! At least 20% more. For sure more than 5%
    You can't get angry when I use absolutist language and also when I don't, unless you're Howie.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    The climate has not once stopped changing and you can not do a thing about that.
    Yes, but *you* could try a little Gas-X. That might help. Does it work on mouths too? Just chew it.

Blog Entries

You can't get angry when I use absolutist language and also when I don't, unless you're Howie.
    Are you only able to alternate between foolish absolutes and vague exaggerations with no support?

Blog Entries

I guess you didn't look at that stock chart.

Which political party is the NY AG?
    So the New York AG = "The Democrats"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I give them credit for having more decency than you. That is the difference, they do not want to be wrong ALL the time. This is not a matter of intelligence, just a matter of common decency as a human being. Something you totally lack.
    When you lash out like an infant, it means I struck a nerve.

Blog Entries

No, it just means I am tired of you being a total idiot and posting really ignorant or incorrect information. Besides, you have me on ignore. Remember?
    Kingdom Warriors

Are you only able to alternate between foolish absolutes and vague exaggerations with no support?
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ent-rates.html

Support.

You are not able to actually argue anything at all. Content of argument is not something you touch very often. This game you're constantly playing is meant to avoid debate, not engage in it. Because you are a hack and a hypocrite, you have no ground to stand on. And calling you a hack is an understatement.

So the New York AG = "The Democrats"?
    Is it only the NY AG threatening to go after big oil? Are any Republicans?