Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is this the same Supreme Court that was supposed to be in Trump and the GOP's pocket? Supposed to rule in majority fashion across the board just because the two new guys were appointed by Trump? The dickens you say!! And here I thought the world was going to end when Kavanaugh was confirmed.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Is this the same Supreme Court that was supposed to be in Trump and the GOP's pocket? Supposed to rule in majority fashion across the board just because the two new guys were appointed by Trump? The dickens you say!! And here I thought the world was going to end when Kavanaugh was confirmed.
    I know it's difficult to believe, but even RW nutjobs like yourself can occasionally look beyond ideology to be forthright and fair, if they want to do so. Seems like Roberts, in particular, has had a bit of introspective realization since the hard-right flip of the court.
    Last edited by cncmin; 01-08-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    I know it's difficult to believe, but even RW nutjobs like yourself can occasionally look beyond ideology to be forthright and fair, if they want to do so. Seems like Roberts, in particular, has had a bit of introspective realization since the hard-right flip of the court.
    LW nutjobs sadly cannot.

This is one of those posts that best illustrates where your mind is really at.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    LW nutjobs sadly cannot.
    Indeed, there are plenty of LW nutjobs who are only able to occasionally be forthright and fair, too. Fortunately, the population of LW nutjobs is still relatively small compared to the giant pool of you RW nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    This is one of those posts that best illustrates where your mind is really at.
    You mean criticism of RW nutjobbery is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    If you have investments in Exxon do you think there is zero chance that climate change and its impacts (on the environment and government/consumer reaction) will influence the long-term future of the company?
    It is beyond dishonest for Democrats to pretend that their primary concern is with the investors of Exxon. These investors have eyes and ears right? They've been aware since the 1970s of global cooling from humans, global warming from humans, acid rain, ozone layer, Al Gore, and now climate change. The impact to Exxon is on the public reaction and appetite for change. Exxon can't control that at all. There was no consensus 40 years ago. They didn't secretly discover climate change when the world was talking about global cooling and predicting a coming ice age and hide it from the public. It is beyond belief, but you go on believing it Howie, it suits you.

Indeed, there are plenty of LW nutjobs who are only able to occasionally be forthright and fair, too. Fortunately, the population of LW nutjobs is still relatively small compared to the giant pool of you RW nutjobs.
    The % of conservative appointed justices who vote across the aisle so to speak, is MUCH higher than the other way around.

The % of conservative appointed justices who vote across the aisle so to speak, is MUCH higher than the other way around.
    Link?

It is beyond dishonest for Democrats to pretend that their primary concern is with the investors of Exxon. These investors have eyes and ears right? They've been aware since the 1970s of global cooling from humans, global warming from humans, acid rain, ozone layer, Al Gore, and now climate change. The impact to Exxon is on the public reaction and appetite for change. Exxon can't control that at all. There was no consensus 40 years ago. They didn't secretly discover climate change when the world was talking about global cooling and predicting a coming ice age and hide it from the public. It is beyond belief, but you go on believing it Howie, it suits you.

About that "global cooling": Read the paper from Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Peterson, Connolley, and Fleck, September 2008, p. 1325-1337 titled "The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus," and straighten out your "history". Global "cooling" talk was sensational-media-driven, not science-driven, where science was far more concerned with warming. The problem: it wasn't warming yet, so guess what got the headlines?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Phillip Morris in 1990: "There is zero chance that this unsettled science on the health effects of smoking will impact our future performance, believe us."

Section 2: "Amen! Take my $$!"
    There's no comparison to the health effects of smoking and climate change in terms of "science".

Secondly:
    https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...-price-history

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post
    From October, 2015:

Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago
    A new investigation shows the oil company understood the science before it became a public issue and spent millions to promote misinformation

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-40-years-ago/
    All of mankind has known about climate change since the beginning of time. The climate has not once stopped changing and you can not do a thing about that. I am certainly NOT going to label you as dumb. I'll just leave that as a self-realization process for yourself so you can correct it. I can not help you.
    Kingdom Warriors

About that "global cooling": Read the paper from Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Peterson, Connolley, and Fleck, September 2008, p. 1325-1337 titled "The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus," and straighten out your "history". Global "cooling" talk was sensational-media-driven, not science-driven, where science was far more concerned with warming. The problem: it wasn't warming yet, so guess what got the headlines?
    Oh, so scientists in 2008 published a paper that they weren't wrong at all in the 1970s and it was a myth that they were. How convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    All of mankind has known about climate change since the beginning of time. The climate has not once stopped changing and you can not do a thing about that. I am certainly NOT going to label you as dumb. I'll just leave that as a self-realization process for yourself so you can correct it. I can not help you.
    Exactly

Oh, so scientists in 2008 published a paper that they weren't wrong at all in the 1970s and it was a myth that they were. How convenient.
    READ IT. Facts matter a lot more than your fiction. If you read more facts, you'd post far less fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Exactly
    Exactly what? What do you know about AGW science, Jimmy?