Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1

    Default US troops now staying in Syria until Iran leaves

    It now seems American troops will be in Syria during the lives of our children and grandchildren. As if we had any doubt, we have it confirmed who is actually making the foreign policy decisions in the White House.


    Bolton: US troops staying in Syria until Iran leaves

    The U.S. will keep a military presence in Syria until Iran withdraws its forces, a top Trump administration official said Monday.

    “We’re not going to leave as long as Iranian troops are outside Iranian borders, and that includes Iranian proxies and militias,” White House national security adviser John Bolton said while in New York for the U.N. General Assembly.

    The Trump administration has sought to partner with Russia in an effort to compel the Iranians to leave Syria, to no avail. In a new setback, Moscow announced it would give Syria’s government more modern, S-300 missile defense systems after last week’s downing of a Russian plane by Syria in a friendly fire incident — a topic Pompeo said he would bring up with his Russian counterpart this week.

    “We think introducing the S-300s to the Syrian government would be a significant escalation by the Russians and something that we hope, if these press reports are accurate, they would reconsider,” Bolton said.

    But the incident has stoked tensions between Russia and Israel, which Moscow blames for the incident. The Russian Ministry of Defence claims the down Russian IL-20 was caught in the crossfire as Syrian air defenses responded against Israeli F-16s.

    Iran’s intervention in Syria on behalf of and at the invitation of Syrian President Bashar Assad has empowered a range of pro-Assad regime armed groups, including Lebanese Hezbollah, and has brought Iranian forces into Syria that Israel views as directly threatening its security, according to a Congressional Research Service report published this month.

    Read more at: https://www.defensenews.com/global/t...l-iran-leaves/



    Last edited by Cruze; 01-07-2019 at 09:24 AM.


  2. #2

    Default

    Bolton! I hate that guy and his stupid mustache

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,039
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Bolton! I hate that guy and his stupid mustache
    So you're saying Trump doesn't hire the best people?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    So you're saying Trump doesn't hire the best people?
    No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying Bolton is a motherfucer.

    Are you asking me if Trump doesn't hire the best people? I would say he does not.

  5. #5

    Default

    Which inmate is running the asylum?


    Trump claims Syria withdrawal plan hasn't changed

    President Donald Trump on Monday pushed back against reports that national security adviser John Bolton had contradicted the president's initial plans to quickly withdraw troops from Syria, saying the U.S. will leave the war-torn country at "a proper pace."

    Bolton told reporters during a trip to Israel that Turkish operations must “meet the president’s requirement that the Syrian opposition forces that have fought with us are not endangered" before pulling out U.S. troops.

    “We don’t think the Turks ought to undertake military action that’s not fully coordinated with and agreed to by the United States, at a minimum, so they don’t endanger our troops,” Bolton said.

    The president on Sunday claimed that troops will withdraw from Syria, but "we won't be finally pulled out until ISIS is gone."

    Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...w-plan-1084328

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Which inmate is running the asylum?


    Trump claims Syria withdrawal plan hasn't changed

    President Donald Trump on Monday pushed back against reports that national security adviser John Bolton had contradicted the president's initial plans to quickly withdraw troops from Syria, saying the U.S. will leave the war-torn country at "a proper pace."

    Bolton told reporters during a trip to Israel that Turkish operations must “meet the president’s requirement that the Syrian opposition forces that have fought with us are not endangered" before pulling out U.S. troops.

    “We don’t think the Turks ought to undertake military action that’s not fully coordinated with and agreed to by the United States, at a minimum, so they don’t endanger our troops,” Bolton said.

    The president on Sunday claimed that troops will withdraw from Syria, but "we won't be finally pulled out until ISIS is gone."

    Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...w-plan-1084328
    This Trump wanting to be right.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,144

    Default

    Bolton is an asswipe, but it's hard to argue that Iran should be allowed to create their land route into Palestine, in order to wreak havoc on Israel.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Bolton is an asswipe, but it's hard to argue that Iran should be allowed to create their land route into Palestine, in order to wreak havoc on Israel.
    then declare war on syria......

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Bolton is an asswipe, but it's hard to argue that Iran should be allowed to create their land route into Palestine, in order to wreak havoc on Israel.
    It looks like you are getting sucked into changing your mind about U.S. troops in the the Middle East. You know Iran hates Saudi Arabia far more than it hates Israel. I am talking about that Shiite and Sunni blood feud that has been going on for about 1400 years. Nobody even thinks about trying to negotiate an end to that war.
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-07-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Iran hates Saudi Arabia and Iraq far more than it hates Israel. You know, that Shiite and Sunni blood feud that has been going on for about 1400 years. Nobody even thinks about trying to negotiate an end to that war.
    Iran hates no one more than Israel.

    Also, Iran doesn't hate Iraq. Iran is Shia. 70% of Iraq is Shia & sympathetic to Iran. Iran hated Saddam, because he was Sunni, allowed women to vote, let Christians live in peace, etc. Now that Saddam's out of the way, their hatred is over.

    Iran Dominates in Iraq After U.S. ‘Handed the Country Over’:

    BAGHDAD — Walk into almost any market in Iraq and the shelves are filled with goods from Iran — milk, yogurt, chicken. Turn on the television and channel after channel broadcasts programs sympathetic to Iran.

    A new building goes up? It is likely that the cement and bricks came from Iran. And when bored young Iraqi men take pills to get high, the illicit drugs are likely to have been smuggled across the porous Iranian border.

    And that’s not even the half of it.

    Across the country, Iranian-sponsored militias are hard at work establishing a corridor to move men and guns to proxy forces in Syria and Lebanon. And in the halls of power in Baghdad, even the most senior Iraqi cabinet officials have been blessed, or bounced out, by Iran’s leadership.


    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/15/w...ian-power.html

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,039
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    I am talking about that Shiite and Sunni blood feud that has been going on for about 1400 years. Nobody even thinks about trying to negotiate an end to that war.
    Exactly why it's best to stay out of it as much as possible.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Iran hates no one more than Israel.

    Also, Iran doesn't hate Iraq. Iran is Shia. 70% of Iraq is Shia & sympathetic to Iran. Iran hated Saddam, because he was Sunni, allowed women to vote, let Christians live in peace, etc. Now that Saddam's out of the way, their hatred is over.

    Iran Dominates in Iraq After U.S. ‘Handed the Country Over’:

    BAGHDAD — Walk into almost any market in Iraq and the shelves are filled with goods from Iran — milk, yogurt, chicken. Turn on the television and channel after channel broadcasts programs sympathetic to Iran.

    A new building goes up? It is likely that the cement and bricks came from Iran. And when bored young Iraqi men take pills to get high, the illicit drugs are likely to have been smuggled across the porous Iranian border.

    And that’s not even the half of it.

    Across the country, Iranian-sponsored militias are hard at work establishing a corridor to move men and guns to proxy forces in Syria and Lebanon. And in the halls of power in Baghdad, even the most senior Iraqi cabinet officials have been blessed, or bounced out, by Iran’s leadership.


    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/15/w...ian-power.html
    You are correct. Iran hated Sadaam Hussein who was Sunni. I stand by my original point. Iran cares far more about what is going on in Saudia Arabia and other Sunni countries than they do Palestine. The Palestinians are primarily Sunni Arabs. Iranians are Persians and not Arabs, and Iran is 95% Shiite.

    It looks like your close affection for the Trumpster is causing you to change your mind about getting our troops out of Syria. Closing off a land route between Iran and Israel is a ridiculous reason to keep them in Syria. The troops would NEVER be able to leave if that is a legitimate excuse.
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Everyone who freaked out about the Syrian pullout must be really relieved and cheering this news I assume.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    You are correct. Iran hated Sadaam Hussein who was Sunni. I stand by my original point. Iran cares far more about what is going on in Saudia Arabia and other Sunni countries than they do Palestine. The Palestinians are primarily Sunni Arabs. Iranians are Persians and not Arabs, and Iran is 95% Shiite.

    It looks like your close affection for the Trumpster is causing you to change your mind about getting our troops out of Syria. Closing off a land route between Iran and Israel is a ridiculous reason to keep them in Syria. The troops would NEVER be able to leave if that is a legitimate excuse.
    They care about Palestine, so they can arm Hamas & attack Israel.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30,789
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    It looks like you are getting sucked into changing your mind about U.S. troops in the the Middle East. You know Iran hates Saudi Arabia far more than it hates Israel. I am talking about that Shiite and Sunni blood feud that has been going on for about 1400 years. Nobody even thinks about trying to negotiate an end to that war.
    As long as they are efficient at killing each other (Muslims) why should we care? We don't need a ground presence to control the Irian presence. We can accomplish all we need with a small group of CIA contractors, aircraft, and other fun stuff.
    Kingdom Warriors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •