Default Veteran NBC/MSNBC Journalist Quits Because MSM is a war machine

A VETERAN national security journalist with NBC News and MSNBC blasted the networks in a Monday email for becoming captive and subservient to the national security state, reflexively pro-war in the name of stopping President Donald Trump, and now the prime propaganda instrument of the War Machine’s promotion of militarism and imperialism. As a result of NBC/MSNBC’s all-consuming militarism, he said, “the national security establishment not only hasn’t missed a beat but indeed has gained dangerous strength” and “is ever more autonomous and practically impervious to criticism.

This is an important read. Everyone is becoming pro MIC because of TDS. Please read, hopefully it will make you more self-aware.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/03/...to-stop-trump/

Best part of the article

For me I realized how out of step I was when I looked at Trump’s various bumbling intuitions: his desire to improve relations with Russia, to denuclearize North Korea, to get out of the Middle East, to question why we are fighting in Africa, even in his attacks on the intelligence community and the FBI. Of course he is an ignorant and incompetent impostor. And yet I’m alarmed at how quick NBC is to mechanically argue the contrary, to be in favor of policies that just spell more conflict and more war. Really? We shouldn’t get out Syria? We shouldn’t go for the bold move of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula? Even on Russia, though we should be concerned about the brittleness of our democracy that it is so vulnerable to manipulation, do we really yearn for the Cold War? And don’t even get me started with the FBI: What? We now lionize this historically destructive institution?
    Last edited by JimmyJamesMD; 01-07-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Just look at how many GHers are itching for a fight with Iran. The have become true chickenhawks.
    Kingdom Warriors

A) I generally agree that the MSM is very pro-war. I don't think it's because they hate Trump, though. They loved war during every other President too for the ratings. It certainly makes for compelling television.

B) Greenwald is such a clown. From the article:

"The cable network’s key anchor, Rachel Maddow, once wrote a book on the evils of endless wars without congressional authorization, but now routinely depicts anyone who wants to end those illegal wars as reckless weaklings and traitors."

There are two links in that sentence. The first is "routinely depicts anyone," and is to an article by FAIR that criticizes MSNBC for not covering Yemen enough. As far as I can tell, it doesn't say that she praised the war, just that she covered Russia more than Yemen. The second is ""as reckless weaklings and traitors." That link is to a blog post about the exact same FAIR article, reaching the exact same conclusions.

If you can show me a show on TV that covered Yemen as much as they covered any other major news story, I have $5 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    A) I generally agree that the MSM is very pro-war. I don't think it's because they hate Trump, though. They loved war during every other President too for the ratings. It certainly makes for compelling television.

B) Greenwald is such a clown. From the article:

"The cable network’s key anchor, Rachel Maddow, once wrote a book on the evils of endless wars without congressional authorization, but now routinely depicts anyone who wants to end those illegal wars as reckless weaklings and traitors."

There are two links in that sentence. The first is "routinely depicts anyone," and is to an article by FAIR that criticizes MSNBC for not covering Yemen enough. As far as I can tell, it doesn't say that she praised the war, just that she covered Russia more than Yemen. The second is ""as reckless weaklings and traitors." That link is to a blog post about the exact same FAIR article, reaching the exact same conclusions.

If you can show me a show on TV that covered Yemen as much as they covered any other major news story, I have $5 for you.
    The point of the article was citing the letter the journalist wrote on why he left NBC/MSNBC. He states that at least NBC/MSNBC have TDS so bad they wont report on the good stuff he is doing. Now, to your point, it could be for ratings; that's fair.

But now the question is: Can you count on these "news" agencies to report facts, if their concern is ratings? I'm going to go with an emphatic NO.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    The point of the article was citing the letter the journalist wrote on why he left NBC/MSNBC. He states that at least NBC/MSNBC have TDS so bad they wont report on the good stuff he is doing. Now, to your point, it could be for ratings; that's fair.

But now the question is: Can you count on these "news" agencies to report facts, if their concern is ratings? I'm going to go with an emphatic NO.
    I've long said that I don't watch any cable news because it's junk. I don't watch network news broadcasts either, but I suspect NBC is way better than MSNBC in almost all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I've long said that I don't watch any cable news because it's junk. I don't watch network news broadcasts either, but I suspect NBC is way better than MSNBC in almost all aspects.
    That could be but you must be the most frequent viewer/reader/subscriber that the Washington Post has ever had. Huge portion of your links are from that horrendous f'ng rag.

Not a criticism, just an observation. There has to be something better out there than WaPo and NY Times, maybe?
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Just look at how many GHers are itching for a fight with Iran. The have become true chickenhawks.
    C'mon Boots, tell us another war story will ya Please...please!...please!!
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~