Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,124

    Default Photo appointment with the Axe

    All season ticket holders had/have the opportunity to set an appointment for one of the sessions to have photos taken with the axe. I had signed up for this and did it on Saturday.

    It was just one of several sessions and I was amazed at the turnout. We were in line at least 1.5 hours. Most everyone was dressed in Gopher gear and it was such a nice opportunity to mingle with other fans in a fun atmosphere full of optimism surrounding the program.

    It was also fun to spend some time in the locker room as I had never been in there before. The line was moving slowly but that was fine with me as I spent the time looking at all the player posters above the lockers. Lots of memories of good Gopher football players.

    Curious to hear other opinions related to this opportunity. Also, anyone know what the criteria is to qualify a player to get one of those black and white posters that ring the locker room? Obviously good players that have been through the program but I'm curious if there is anything related to a formal process for that.


  2. #2

    Default

    I was there too.

    Long line but fun.

    Thank goodness for that opens space in the locker room for younger kids to run around!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    All season ticket holders had/have the opportunity to set an appointment for one of the sessions to have photos taken with the axe. I had signed up for this and did it on Saturday.

    It was just one of several sessions and I was amazed at the turnout. We were in line at least 1.5 hours. Most everyone was dressed in Gopher gear and it was such a nice opportunity to mingle with other fans in a fun atmosphere full of optimism surrounding the program.

    It was also fun to spend some time in the locker room as I had never been in there before. The line was moving slowly but that was fine with me as I spent the time looking at all the player posters above the lockers. Lots of memories of good Gopher football players.

    Curious to hear other opinions related to this opportunity. Also, anyone know what the criteria is to qualify a player to get one of those black and white posters that ring the locker room? Obviously good players that have been through the program but I'm curious if there is anything related to a formal process for that.
    Sounds fantastic! I would do this in half a heartbeat if I was in MN...alas it I screwed up by going south... Enjoy!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SW Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    I am planning on getting a photo at the fair with it... I don't think I could do 1.5 hours in line

  5. #5

    Default

    I was there on Saturday. Fun time! I got there about 10:40 and was 10th to 15th in line so I didnít have a long wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #6

    Default

    We also had a 90-minute wait. Well worth it.

  7. #7

    Default

    How did the process work? Did you have time to take a few photos or did they hustle you in and out?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Degree Gopher View Post
    How did the process work? Did you have time to take a few photos or did they hustle you in and out?
    They pretty much let you take as many photos as you wanted.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Degree Gopher View Post
    How did the process work? Did you have time to take a few photos or did they hustle you in and out?
    No hustle. Most everyone did multiple photos. Something like Dad, Mom + Dad, Mom + Dad + Kids.

    They had a staff person to hold the axe and hand it off between groups, some chairs to dump your stuff / coats onto, and one to help take photos (they used your phone or camera).

    Everyone did a good job of being organized and quick so I didn't see anyone ushered to move on or anything.

    Line took a while but it was efficient and yet people got time.

  10. #10

    Default

    We were there on Saturday also. I couldn't believe how many people were walking into the stadium as we drove up. The husband kind of groaned at the thought of waiting so long, but I thought it was awesome that so many fans were there wanting to take a picture with The Axe. Great seeing the multi-generation families sharing the event, and nearly everyone dressed in maroon and gold. Made me proud to be a Gopher fan.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirandaB View Post
    We were there on Saturday also. I couldn't believe how many people were walking into the stadium as we drove up. The husband kind of groaned at the thought of waiting so long, but I thought it was awesome that so many fans were there wanting to take a picture with The Axe. Great seeing the multi-generation families sharing the event, and nearly everyone dressed in maroon and gold. Made me proud to be a Gopher fan.
    It was really fun too see that level of enthusiasm.

    The whole getting the Axe out in public for folks to take photos and etc is a great idea.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    They pretty much let you take as many photos as you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    No hustle. Most everyone did multiple photos. Something like Dad, Mom + Dad, Mom + Dad + Kids.

    They had a staff person to hold the axe and hand it off between groups, some chairs to dump your stuff / coats onto, and one to help take photos (they used your phone or camera).

    Everyone did a good job of being organized and quick so I didn't see anyone ushered to move on or anything.

    Line took a while but it was efficient and yet people got time.
    Thanks for the responses, looking forward to my opportunity in a few weeks!

  13. #13

    Default

    I waited in line at least 90 minutes on Saturday but I'm glad I did it. I was with a group of 8 and we each got our picture alone holding the axe plus some combination group photos as well. They certainly don't rush you with taking the pictures which is the way it should be after such a long line. I was very impressed with the turnout, it was cool to see so many people were interested.

  14. #14

    Default

    Great Idea. Nicely done U.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    I was also there on Saturday with our core tailgate group and we waited just over an hour in line but it was worth it. One of our friends is a professional photographer so she brought a really nice camera and her tripod and we got some good shots, one of which will be blown up and hung prominently at our future tailgates.

    Seeing the locker room was really cool but the highlight was probably the couple that was there and the wife wearing a Wisconsin sweatshirt. There was a good nature chorus of booing when she got to the front of the line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •