Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibsonSG View Post
    This is why it's humorous to me when the media and others make a big deal over Pitino not signing any Minnesota kids some years. Not every Minnesota kid is going to pan out in college just because he signed with another high major. Sure, criticize for missing on 4 and 5 star-rated players but for the others...
    McKinley, Iverson, Ruevers, Anim would make this team better.

But if we are going to be bad, I'd rather it be with local players. Then we wouldn't have to complain that RP can't keep Minnesota players home.

Blog Entries

I remember alot of people complaining about not getting Alex Iklelman...... he sits on Wisconsins bench

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfield Gopher View Post

But if we are going to be bad, I'd rather it be with local players. Then we wouldn't have to complain that RP can't keep Minnesota players home.
    Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    We already had Jarvis, Dosey, and Dupree on board, it was more of a numbers game at the time. Now Sacar is a great kid and was well coached out of HS. This was where Richard should've taken the local guy over one of Kimanis guy. Easy in hindsight, but u also don't wait around forever either. I feel Richard has learned. It shows with him offering Walton in 2020 and the Mahtomedi kid too.
    JaVonne Hadley from Mahtomedi has a Gopher offer?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It would have been either Anim or Dupree, and even with his struggles the last several games, I think Dupree has had the better career.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Iverson?
    What ever his name is. What-cha-ma-call-it. That guy who plays for the red team to the east.

What ever his name is. What-cha-ma-call-it. That guy who plays for the red team to the east.
    Iverson is from Ohio. If you're talking about Illikainen, he left the Badgers after averaging 1.5 ppg over 3 years. He would not help this team.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    Iverson is from Ohio. If you're talking about Illikainen, he left the Badgers after averaging 1.5 ppg over 3 years. He would not help this team.
    Davidson

Davidson
    Oh yeah, the dirty player. Yes, he would have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Oh yeah, the dirty player. Yes, he would have helped.
    Ha, sconies can have him!

Sounds like UMN hockey...

Quote Originally Posted by mnhoopboy View Post
    JaVonne Hadley from Mahtomedi has a Gopher offer?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I thought I read that he did. I could be wrong though.

Theo John would actually be pretty useful for the Gophers. From the Marquette games I've watched a lot of his fouls would not be called in the B1G. He is a very good defensive player that knows his role. Great screener for the best scoring guard in the nation (Markus Howard) He basically does everything that doesn't show up in a box score. On a team that has plenty of scorers he's not asked to do much on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by SM_25 View Post
    He basically does everything that doesn't show up in a box score. On a team that has plenty of scorers he's not asked to do much on that side.
    I have watched and glad we don't have him.

Also, this team needs some more guys who show up in the box score.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBall View Post
    Ha, sconies can have him!
    I agree. And even if he would have been talented enough to help the Gophers, he probably would already be suspended for the year �� Can you imagine what the local media would do with him (and his dirty tactics) if he played for the Gophers?