Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time...he deserves time to mold his program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I never thought I'd post on GH long enough to see someone rip on Bleed.

He just posts all gopher-related articles that he finds. I've posted here forever and I couldn't tell you where Bleed stands on many issues, he is literally the least political poster on the board.

What an insanely bizarre post.
    100%. Agree that Bleed doesn't take sides for the most part except that I believe he wants whats best for the program in season. Secondly, Bleed finds many articles of interest that I would have never read if it weren't for him. Keep up the good work Bleed! We have your back!

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    God forbid a Gopher fan posts links to articles about the Gophers on a Gopher fan site.
    THE NERVE of some people.
    Thanks Bleed.
    For the record, the only place year zero exists is Flecks mind. Fleck didnít have a year zero. Motzko doesnít get one, either.

Motzko was a convenient, ďsafeĒ, uninspired hire. Absolute high point we can aspire to is being ranked #1 in a region and lose the first game. Motzko will not win a championship at Minnesota.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you going to tell us who the inconvenient, "unsafe", inspired hire that they should have gone with was?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Are you going to tell us who the inconvenient, "unsafe", inspired hire that they should have gone with was?
    Iíd start with someone that wouldnít drop three of four games to Michigan State.

Unlike basketball and football, coaching Hockey at Minnesota is a destination job. There are very few coaches that wouldnít listen if we called.

Of course having an AD that can string together coherent sentences would probably help.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

I’d start with someone that wouldn’t drop three of four games to Michigan State.
    Unlike basketball and football, coaching Hockey at Minnesota is a destination job. There are very few coaches that wouldn’t listen if we called.

Of course having an AD that can string together coherent sentences would probably help.
    Aaah, “someone”. Yeah, he sounds like he’d be good

Blog Entries

Default Gary Giombetti: Was Motzko the Right Hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Aaah, ďsomeoneĒ. Yeah, he sounds like heíd be good
    Yep. Nice comment from The blow hard thatís ready with the reason why any name I might mention sucks.

Pointless conjecture at this point. Motzkoís our coach. And we get what we get. Iíd call him the has been from Jan Brady U, but he never was.....

Iíd start with someone that wouldnít drop three of four games to Michigan State.

Unlike basketball and football, coaching Hockey at Minnesota is a destination job. There are very few coaches that wouldnít listen if we called.

You and Magpie (if you are not the same person) are constantly posting negative stuff about the AD, coaches, and programs. Almost seems troll like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    You and Magpie (if you are not the same person) are constantly posting negative stuff about the AD, coaches, and programs. Almost seems troll like.
    Not the same person.

Our AD is not very good at his job. So no. I donít like him. His coaching hires will play out. Iím not impressed by Fleck. Time will tell if his schtick will translate to success.

Motzko was an uninspired hire.

If having those opinions makes me a troll, so be it.

Not the same person.

Our AD is not very good at his job. So no. I donít like him. His coaching hires will play out. Iím not impressed by Fleck. Time will tell if his schtick will translate to success.

Hey punk, name a better hire then. You couldnít hold Coyleís coffee. If youíre going to come across like you are, name the names, otherwise you look like a total a$$hat.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    That's all BleedGopher does is post clickbait articles. You have seen the same on the football forum. Notice he didn't even cite the original article? If Fleck can have a year zero, Motzko can. The hockey team will win a title long before the football team does anything of note. Dude needs a hobby.
    Actually, the football team already did something "of note" by beating the Badgers at Camp Randall for the first time since 1994 and by beating Georgia Tech by the largest margin of victory in a bowl game in Minnesota history. (this includes 20 bowl appearances dating back to 1961) And, by the way, the hockey team is not in competition with the football team. Personally, I think the Gophers have the right coaches in place in BOTH of these sports. Give Motzko a few years to recruit his style of players in and I think we'll be just fine. I also think the football team will be Rose Bowl bound within the next 2 years as well. Fingers crossed for both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonin21 View Post
    JFC. What a boneheaded question.

He took over a team full of prima donnas scared to check anyone with more than half of them putting in piss poor effort all the time. The D unit he inherited is AWFUL. You can already see better team effort this year than in the last few Lucia years when he should have been gone already. Last game was their best performance of the year.

They might not make the tournament this year. If they do I'd give him an A for his first year no doubt. As of right now, it is a solid B with flashes of good things. He is draining the swamp in the recruiting pipeline and not scared to call out his players which he's done multiple times.
    I see what you did there. Totally agree.

Not the same person.

I can't stand Coyle but Motzko was a great hire. It was a no-brainer though. Any AD with an ounce of intelligence would have hired Motzko. Give it a couple years - he'll have Gopher hockey contending for a national title.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I can't stand Coyle but Motzko was a great hire. It was a no-brainer though. Any AD with an ounce of intelligence would have hired Motzko. Give it a couple years - he'll have Gopher hockey contending for a national title.
    I think Coyle has done a great job with his hires.

Eggum has got wrestling back to at least respectability in the B1G.
    While Trachsel has some detractors, she has kept the softball team in the upper tier in the B1G and ranked nationally.
    Whalen is Whalen. She has shown an ability to change (although the delay of changing to a 4-guard set might have cost a couple wins).
    Fleck & Motzko were no-brainer hires.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Good hiring decisions, but the decision making around ticket prices and gouging the dwindling customer base at Mariucci has been pathetic.