Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    Thoughts on Bennett taking over at Duke when K decides to step down? Personally, I think that would be a good fit.
    Great fit but UVA is his last college job. Here would have been a great fit, Stanford a great fit. But the end stop is UVA.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Great fit but UVA is his last college job. Here would have been a great fit, Stanford a great fit. But the end stop is UVA.
    Interesting.

I realize that money isn't everything, but I feel like he'd have to at least listen if Duke offered him $5M a year. Would still be less than Coach K makes. I mean, if someone makes you a real job offer to double your salary you don't hang up the phone without hearing what they have to say. And I think he could be very successful at Duke, while also being the ideal understated personality to take over after K.
    Last edited by bizzle22; 01-09-2019 at 10:00 AM.

KSTP: Ryan Saunders: Born to Coach (commentary from Spencer, and a video message from Monson)

https://kstp.com/sports/ryan-saunder...5208634/?cat=7

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    Interesting.

I realize that money isn't everything, but I feel like he'd have to at least listen if Duke offered him $5M a year. Would still be less than Coach K makes. I mean, if someone makes you a real job offer to double your salary you don't hang up the phone without hearing what they have to say. And I think he could be very successful at Duke, while also being the ideal understated personality to take over after K.
    My understanding of Bennett is that money would have very little influence on him.

Everyone has a price, but Tony is very spiritual and I would assume it would have to have significant upside on that side of his life for him to make changes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    My understanding of Bennett is that money would have very little influence on him.

Everyone has a price, but Tony is very spiritual and I would assume it would have to have significant upside on that side of his life for him to make changes.
    Plus UVA has plenty of $$. They won't lose a coach to Duke over $$.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    KSTP: Ryan Saunders: Born to Coach (commentary from Spencer, and a video message from Monson)

https://kstp.com/sports/ryan-saunder...5208634/?cat=7

Go Gophers!!
    Great piece about Ryan. His dad is smiling.

Ryan teaching the funnel defense, cause the Wolves just gave up the second highest amount of points in franchise history.
    149 for the game (record is 152) and 83 in the first half. I think Jeff Teague was wearing a 76ers jersey as he waved at the folks running by. My goodness that was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln gopher View Post
    Great piece about Ryan. His dad is smiling.
    Not after tonight's game. The joy of seeing Thibs gone and facing Jimme apparently isn't enough to get them to show any pride or exert some effort. Only one game, but this might end up not being a good move by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Ryan teaching the funnel defense, cause the Wolves just gave up the second highest amount of points in franchise history.
    149 for the game (record is 152) and 83 in the first half. I think Jeff Teague was wearing a 76ers jersey as he waved at the folks running by. My goodness that was terrible.
    i despise Jeff Teague

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    i despise Jeff Teague
    I was just thinking why don't we start Tyus. Better defense, more assists. And then I read about his ankle sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    I refuse to believe that this team isn't capable of playing better and more consistent defense. If Ryan isn't able to engineer that by the latter part of the season, ownership would be justified in saying, "Next."

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    I refuse to believe that this team isn't capable of playing better and more consistent defense. If Ryan isn't able to engineer that by the latter part of the season, ownership would be justified in saying, "Next."
    Capable and willing are two different things.