Former Gopher Ryan Saunders named interim HC of the Wovles

Thoughts on Bennett taking over at Duke when K decides to step down? Personally, I think that would be a good fit.

Great fit but UVA is his last college job. Here would have been a great fit, Stanford a great fit. But the end stop is UVA.

Great fit but UVA is his last college job. Here would have been a great fit, Stanford a great fit. But the end stop is UVA.

Interesting.

I realize that money isn't everything, but I feel like he'd have to at least listen if Duke offered him $5M a year. Would still be less than Coach K makes. I mean, if someone makes you a real job offer to double your salary you don't hang up the phone without hearing what they have to say. And I think he could be very successful at Duke, while also being the ideal understated personality to take over after K.

Last edited:

Interesting.

I realize that money isn't everything, but I feel like he'd have to at least listen if Duke offered him $5M a year. Would still be less than Coach K makes. I mean, if someone makes you a real job offer to double your salary you don't hang up the phone without hearing what they have to say. And I think he could be very successful at Duke, while also being the ideal understated personality to take over after K.

My understanding of Bennett is that money would have very little influence on him.

Everyone has a price, but Tony is very spiritual and I would assume it would have to have significant upside on that side of his life for him to make changes.

My understanding of Bennett is that money would have very little influence on him.

Everyone has a price, but Tony is very spiritual and I would assume it would have to have significant upside on that side of his life for him to make changes.

Plus UVA has plenty of $$. They won't lose a coach to Duke over $$.

Ryan teaching the funnel defense, cause the Wolves just gave up the second highest amount of points in franchise history.
149 for the game (record is 152) and 83 in the first half. I think Jeff Teague was wearing a 76ers jersey as he waved at the folks running by. My goodness that was terrible.

Great piece about Ryan. His dad is smiling.

Not after tonight's game. The joy of seeing Thibs gone and facing Jimme apparently isn't enough to get them to show any pride or exert some effort. Only one game, but this might end up not being a good move by anyone.

Ryan teaching the funnel defense, cause the Wolves just gave up the second highest amount of points in franchise history.
149 for the game (record is 152) and 83 in the first half. I think Jeff Teague was wearing a 76ers jersey as he waved at the folks running by. My goodness that was terrible.

i despise Jeff Teague

I refuse to believe that this team isn't capable of playing better and more consistent defense. If Ryan isn't able to engineer that by the latter part of the season, ownership would be justified in saying, "Next."

I refuse to believe that this team isn't capable of playing better and more consistent defense. If Ryan isn't able to engineer that by the latter part of the season, ownership would be justified in saying, "Next."
Capable and willing are two different things.

Top Bottom