Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'll be watching it. I love football and specifically college football.

These are two teams full of exciting players, I'm always amazed at the number of people who seem uninterested (borderline militantly uninterested) in these games.

If Clemson wins, I make about $300 so Iíll be watching and hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by We're Comin' View Post
    Watch and play a drinking game....every time Herbstreit says Tua you have to drink.
    We play "He almost made a great play!" Stupidest statement made by all PBP guys--he didn't make the play, putzes.

Also "First down...and more!" gets honorable mention.
    Last edited by highwayman; 01-06-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    We play "He almost made a great play!" Stupidest statement made by all PBP guys--he didn't make the play, putzes.

Also "First down...and more!" gets honorable mention.
    Many tv guys will say "First down and more." Doesn't bother me. The only two times I let things bother me is when you have a homer always talking about one team over the other forgetting that their are actually two teams in the game. Then also when perhaps a team has had a recent suspension or something, they harp on it over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    If Clemson wins, I make about $300 so Iíll be watching and hoping.
    I am not a serious money guy either but I get $140 if Clemson wins so of course I am interested.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Go Clemson

I'm less excited about the game this year than any year previously.

I hope I'm wrong and Clemson win but I fear Georgia are genuinely the only other team that,on their day e.g SEC Championship, can push Alabama close (I know Georgia were awful in their bowl).

It looked to me in the OU game that the first quarter was so mismatched in terms of physicality that the Tide coaches and players deliberately took their foot off the pedal to save a complete annihilation (Saban's Headset antics may even have been part of the stage management!).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnob2 View Post
    I'm less excited about the game this year than any year previously.

I hope I'm wrong and Clemson win but I fear Georgia are genuinely the only other team that,on their day e.g SEC Championship, can push Alabama close (I know Georgia were awful in their bowl).

It looked to me in the OU game that the first quarter was so mismatched in terms of physicality that the Tide coaches and players deliberately took their foot off the pedal to save a complete annihilation (Saban's Headset antics may even have been part of the stage management!).
    I really think this is the best of Saban's Alabama teams, so it's going to be tough.

That said, Clemson is extremely talented and I think they match up against Alabama pretty well. They are like a slightly more talented Georgia.

Tua has only looked human when other teams have been able to hit him, a lot. Yeah, that's only really happened once and it was against Georgia. Clemson has a much better defensive line than Georgia this year. They should get pressure on Tua.

Clemson has the dynamic running backs, like Georgia (but better this season).
    Clemson has better WRs. This could be an issue for Alabama. Alabama's secondary is their weakness on defense.

So, I would definitely favor Alabama. But the reason why this matchup is intriguing to me is because Clemson is like a better version of Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    I am not a serious money guy either but I get $140 if Clemson wins so of course I am interested.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Couple bowl mania pools came down to the end. Makes me interested at least!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Very entertaining so far. Clemson looking great.

It’s real early but Bama looks mortal so far. Maybe Georgia getting blown out by Texas wasn’t a fluke or for “lack of effort” after all. Clemson looks like the better team and Tua seems like he’s medicated.

What a game. That was a fantastic first half and you are starting to see cracks on Alabama. They are a team you have to punch int he mouth and see how they respond. They definitely can come back and win, but Clemson looking really good right now.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Clemson freshman QB must take 500 level classes. He's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 100 View Post
    Clemson freshman QB must take 500 level classes. He's good.
    He'll be the #1 pick with a bullet in 2 years unless he blows out a knee before then. I'd be fine with my Vikings going 0-16 that year if that's what it takes...
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala