Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Championship game

Is anyone even actually interested in this repeat?

On one hand I'm amazed at the dynasty/s, on the other hand seeing the same 2 teams is really freakin boring to me.
    Who hates iowa?

I'll watch.
    I watched last year.
    I'll pull for Clemson.
    I'd like to keep our 3-year run in tack as the most recent three-peat.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I'll watch.
    I watched last year.
    I'll pull for Clemson.
    I'd like to keep our 3-year run in tack as the most recent three-peat.
    I'm pulling Clemson too, but I've known since the first time I watched Alabama back in September that they wouldn't be beat. Too good on both sides of the ball. I just hope the game is exciting for a while. Alabama did get careless and chippy against OU, so they could possibly blow the game on stupid penalties that keep drives alive. We'll see, they need to play the game...
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

That is a good point about the 3peat, I hadn't thought about that...
    Who hates iowa?

This is an opportunity for everyone that “knows” who the best teams are to pick the winner. There is even the benefit of a 50/50 chance of getting this right, and Alabama holds a mid-single digit betting line advantage. So who’s it going to be? Should the game even be played?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    This is an opportunity for everyone that “knows” who the best teams are to pick the winner. There is even the benefit of a 50/50 chance of getting this right, and Alabama holds a mid-single digit betting line advantage. So who’s it going to be? Should the game even be played?
    The game obviously should be played. I think Alabama will win by 10+, so I'd take them and give the points. But Clemson is the only team in America that has a reasonable chance to beat them.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Yes interested. Love to watch good football and two good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch and play a drinking game....every time Herbstreit says Tua you have to drink.

Shouldn’t even play the game. Based on auburn vs Purdue game the SEC just has too much talent

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    The game obviously should be played. I think Alabama will win by 10+, so I'd take them and give the points. But Clemson is the only team in America that has a reasonable chance to beat them.
    Reasonable take, although Oklahoma and Georgia had opportunities but couldn’t last 4 quarters or couldn’t recover from a disastrous first quarter. It’s very likely Alabama will win but I’m certainly not willing to bet my life on it.

Is anyone betting real money on this game? Would anyone bet $1k, 10k, 100k straight up/no spread? How certain are those bettors Alabama is the best? Tua seems to be playing on a dinged up ankle, what if he goes out early? Clemson destroyed a very good Notre Dame team. I’ll bet lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Shouldn’t even play the game. Based on auburn vs Purdue game the SEC just has too much talent

I think the argument (parroting crybaby Georgia fans) is Purdue had nothing to play for after missing out on the Big Ten championship.

Not interested in the least

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Reasonable take, although Oklahoma and Georgia had opportunities but couldn’t last 4 quarters or couldn’t recover from a disastrous first quarter. It’s very likely Alabama will win but I’m certainly not willing to bet my life on it.

Is anyone betting real money on this game? Would anyone bet $1k, 10k, 100k straight up/no spread? How certain are those bettors Alabama is the best? Tua seems to be playing on a dinged up ankle, what if he goes out early? Clemson destroyed a very good Notre Dame team. I’ll bet lunch.
    History shows their back up can win the game too...
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    History shows their back up can win the game too...
    He’s not Tua. How much are you willing to bet (hypothetical)?

I know they get great players but it is tough not to be impressed by what Alabama and Clemson have been able to do in this run. They clearly have recruiting down to a science as they are able to continue to reload year after year to stay on top which isn't easy. Other teams are recruiting similar caliber talent but they can't seem to knock off these two teams.