Championship game

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Is anyone even actually interested in this repeat?

On one hand I'm amazed at the dynasty/s, on the other hand seeing the same 2 teams is really freakin boring to me.

I'll watch.
I watched last year.
I'll pull for Clemson.
I'd like to keep our 3-year run in tack as the most recent three-peat.

I'll watch.
I watched last year.
I'll pull for Clemson.
I'd like to keep our 3-year run in tack as the most recent three-peat.

I'm pulling Clemson too, but I've known since the first time I watched Alabama back in September that they wouldn't be beat. Too good on both sides of the ball. I just hope the game is exciting for a while. Alabama did get careless and chippy against OU, so they could possibly blow the game on stupid penalties that keep drives alive. We'll see, they need to play the game...

That is a good point about the 3peat, I hadn't thought about that...

This is an opportunity for everyone that “knows” who the best teams are to pick the winner. There is even the benefit of a 50/50 chance of getting this right, and Alabama holds a mid-single digit betting line advantage. So who’s it going to be? Should the game even be played?

This is an opportunity for everyone that “knows” who the best teams are to pick the winner. There is even the benefit of a 50/50 chance of getting this right, and Alabama holds a mid-single digit betting line advantage. So who’s it going to be? Should the game even be played?

The game obviously should be played. I think Alabama will win by 10+, so I'd take them and give the points. But Clemson is the only team in America that has a reasonable chance to beat them.

Yes interested. Love to watch good football and two good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch and play a drinking game....every time Herbstreit says Tua you have to drink.

Shouldn’t even play the game. Based on auburn vs Purdue game the SEC just has too much talent

The game obviously should be played. I think Alabama will win by 10+, so I'd take them and give the points. But Clemson is the only team in America that has a reasonable chance to beat them.

Reasonable take, although Oklahoma and Georgia had opportunities but couldn’t last 4 quarters or couldn’t recover from a disastrous first quarter. It’s very likely Alabama will win but I’m certainly not willing to bet my life on it.

Is anyone betting real money on this game? Would anyone bet $1k, 10k, 100k straight up/no spread? How certain are those bettors Alabama is the best? Tua seems to be playing on a dinged up ankle, what if he goes out early? Clemson destroyed a very good Notre Dame team. I’ll bet lunch.

Shouldn’t even play the game. Based on auburn vs Purdue game the SEC just has too much talent

I think the argument (parroting crybaby Georgia fans) is Purdue had nothing to play for after missing out on the Big Ten championship.

Reasonable take, although Oklahoma and Georgia had opportunities but couldn’t last 4 quarters or couldn’t recover from a disastrous first quarter. It’s very likely Alabama will win but I’m certainly not willing to bet my life on it.

Is anyone betting real money on this game? Would anyone bet $1k, 10k, 100k straight up/no spread? How certain are those bettors Alabama is the best? Tua seems to be playing on a dinged up ankle, what if he goes out early? Clemson destroyed a very good Notre Dame team. I’ll bet lunch.

History shows their back up can win the game too...

I know they get great players but it is tough not to be impressed by what Alabama and Clemson have been able to do in this run. They clearly have recruiting down to a science as they are able to continue to reload year after year to stay on top which isn't easy. Other teams are recruiting similar caliber talent but they can't seem to knock off these two teams.

I'll be watching it. I love football and specifically college football.

These are two teams full of exciting players, I'm always amazed at the number of people who seem uninterested (borderline militantly uninterested) in these games.

If Clemson wins, I make about $300 so I’ll be watching and hoping.

Watch and play a drinking game....every time Herbstreit says Tua you have to drink.

We play "He almost made a great play!" Stupidest statement made by all PBP guys--he didn't make the play, putzes.

Also "First down...and more!" gets honorable mention.

Last edited:

We play "He almost made a great play!" Stupidest statement made by all PBP guys--he didn't make the play, putzes.

Also "First down...and more!" gets honorable mention.

Many tv guys will say "First down and more." Doesn't bother me. The only two times I let things bother me is when you have a homer always talking about one team over the other forgetting that their are actually two teams in the game. Then also when perhaps a team has had a recent suspension or something, they harp on it over and over.

If Clemson wins, I make about $300 so I’ll be watching and hoping.
I am not a serious money guy either but I get $140 if Clemson wins so of course I am interested.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I'm less excited about the game this year than any year previously.

I hope I'm wrong and Clemson win but I fear Georgia are genuinely the only other team that,on their day e.g SEC Championship, can push Alabama close (I know Georgia were awful in their bowl).

It looked to me in the OU game that the first quarter was so mismatched in terms of physicality that the Tide coaches and players deliberately took their foot off the pedal to save a complete annihilation (Saban's Headset antics may even have been part of the stage management!).

I'm less excited about the game this year than any year previously.

I hope I'm wrong and Clemson win but I fear Georgia are genuinely the only other team that,on their day e.g SEC Championship, can push Alabama close (I know Georgia were awful in their bowl).

It looked to me in the OU game that the first quarter was so mismatched in terms of physicality that the Tide coaches and players deliberately took their foot off the pedal to save a complete annihilation (Saban's Headset antics may even have been part of the stage management!).

I really think this is the best of Saban's Alabama teams, so it's going to be tough.

That said, Clemson is extremely talented and I think they match up against Alabama pretty well. They are like a slightly more talented Georgia.

Tua has only looked human when other teams have been able to hit him, a lot. Yeah, that's only really happened once and it was against Georgia. Clemson has a much better defensive line than Georgia this year. They should get pressure on Tua.

Clemson has the dynamic running backs, like Georgia (but better this season).
Clemson has better WRs. This could be an issue for Alabama. Alabama's secondary is their weakness on defense.

So, I would definitely favor Alabama. But the reason why this matchup is intriguing to me is because Clemson is like a better version of Georgia.

I am not a serious money guy either but I get $140 if Clemson wins so of course I am interested.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Couple bowl mania pools came down to the end. Makes me interested at least!

Very entertaining so far. Clemson looking great.

It’s real early but Bama looks mortal so far. Maybe Georgia getting blown out by Texas wasn’t a fluke or for “lack of effort” after all. Clemson looks like the better team and Tua seems like he’s medicated.

What a game. That was a fantastic first half and you are starting to see cracks on Alabama. They are a team you have to punch int he mouth and see how they respond. They definitely can come back and win, but Clemson looking really good right now.

Clemson freshman QB must take 500 level classes. He's good.

Clemson freshman QB must take 500 level classes. He's good.

He'll be the #1 pick with a bullet in 2 years unless he blows out a knee before then. I'd be fine with my Vikings going 0-16 that year if that's what it takes...

Top Bottom